Biden, at Muslim voters summit, says ‘I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith’

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

A religious studies course tied into the individual cultures and even rituals across the world? Absolutely I would be for it.

But ALL religions in that course and yes, that includes Christianity.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And? why shouldn’t Americans know about more than Christianity and Judaism?
Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:35 am Emgage Action, the country’s largest Muslim American PAC, endorsed Biden in April after endorsing Bernie Sanders during the Democratic primary.

Biden told the voters he would end President Trump's travel ban affecting *SOME* Muslim-majority countries on day one of his presidency

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... amic-faith
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Teaching about them is fine, teaching the culture as acceptable to live by would be a huge mistake for westerners.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Deleted User 670

Unread post

There is absolutely nothing wrong teaching about world religions. Episcopal schools do, colleges do and some public school districts do too. Learning about different religions is the opposite of religious indoctrination which is what a lot of Christian Churches do.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My kids learned about Islam in school. When I told my dad he said they studied Judaism back in the day. It's a way to encourage open thinking, get rid of falsehoods and educate people. I had no problem with it. I did have problems in hs with my idiot Christian history teacher trying to tell us about the evils of rock and roll and the subliminal messages Queen supposedly had on their album. So there's a difference.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My daughter grew up in PYP, MYP, and IB schools and comparative religion was taught at each level. For the most part, they were awesome classes but her fourth grade comparative religion class was a nightmare. A comparative religion class, IMO, is important but it has to be taught objectively, without religious bias, or it becomes counter-productive and non-educational.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And the problem is?
Are you that prejudiced that you hate the idea of learning g about different cultures and beliefs? Do you feel the same way about kids learning about Christmas or Hanukkah, or is it only Islam you don’t want them to know evaluar because Trump told you they were bad guys?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No issue about teaching it. The schools my kids have attended have touched on all of them in a historic view rather than a "you will follow this" view.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

As long as all religions are taught, I'm fine with it. If they only want to teach one or two then no.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:35 am Emgage Action, the country’s largest Muslim American PAC, endorsed Biden in April after endorsing Bernie Sanders during the Democratic primary.

Biden told the voters he would end President Trump's travel ban affecting *SOME* Muslim-majority countries on day one of his presidency

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... amic-faith
With the squad pulling his strings, the puppet is just trying to please his puppet masters.

That doddering old fool doesn't care about Muslims, just their votes and their money.
Locked Previous topicNext topic