BLM Mural coming to 5th Avenue

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:53 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:57 pm Why not an actual mural on an approved wall or building that isn't going to be driven over, snow and rain ruining the design of over the years (I've been to NYC multiple times and many of the streets are in dire need of repaving and road work), and that won't eventually wear down due to foot and car traffic? That people can actually enjoy seeing vs walking/driving over for a very short amount of time?

Some murals are absolutely beautiful and insane works of art. THIS will not do what a mural on a wall or building could do IMO.

I get the point, however, if it's being done in front of Trump Tower as many still believe the man is a racist.

I suppose whatever drives them....
They did one in Cincinnati on the street too. They had a different artist do each letter. Too bad it will be ruined by driving on it.

64BBC405-4F0C-4E11-9620-A2BDFED578A1.jpeg
That sounds lovely...both the artwork and that there were different artists involved.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:48 pm His last tweet was confusing. Was he thinking they were going to paint that Pigs in a blanket slogan on the street? Or is he calling the “Black Lives Matter” expression a symbol of hate.
Here’s one example. There was video from Fox News on YouTube also.

AUGUST 31, 2015 / 6:03 PM / CBS/AP
ST. PAUL, Minn. - Protesters in a Black Lives Matter march held outside the Minnesota State Fair over the weekend were captured on video yelling "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon," a statement that some law enforcement members viewed as targeting police officers.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pigs-in-a- ... es-police/
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:48 pm His last tweet was confusing. Was he thinking they were going to paint that Pigs in a blanket slogan on the street? Or is he calling the “Black Lives Matter” expression a symbol of hate.
That was the BLM chant against police a few years ago during their protests. I think it started around the time of Ferguson.
I know, I said his Tweet was confusing. He said they shouldn’t paint that symbol of hate on the street. That the police would get upset. Did he think they were going to print that hateful chant?
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:07 am
That was the BLM chant against police a few years ago during their protests. I think it started around the time of Ferguson.
I know, I said his Tweet was confusing. He said they shouldn’t paint that symbol of hate on the street. That the police would get upset. Did he think they were going to print that hateful chant?
Are you really that dense or just playing dumb?

I am sure to some BLM brings back memories of that slogan. Right now BLM has stayed they want to defund the police. I dare say if they could get away with it they would completely do away with police altogether. That could be construed as hateful to some.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I guess he was saying the BLM will remind New Yorkers of some chant and I took that as him calling BLM a symbol of hate.

That tweet was a word salad. I had to read it a few times myself.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 pm

^^^ SMFH 🤦🏻‍♀️
a big, expensive, yellow Black Lives Matter sign on Fifth Avenue, [...]will further antagonize New York’s Finest, who [...] vividly remember the....horrible BLM chant, “Pigs In A Blanket, Fry ‘Em Like Bacon”.

Maybe our GREAT Police, [...]won’t let this symbol of hate be affixed to New York’s greatest street. Spend this money fighting crime instead!

Sounds like he's hoping/begging New York's finest to stir the pot.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It seems like The BLM movement is directly against police and their chants have called for police to be murdered.

It has become hateful even if it didn’t start that way.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:45 am

I am sure to some BLM brings back memories of that slogan. Right now BLM has stayed they want to defund the police. I dare say if they could get away with it they would completely do away with police altogether. That could be construed as hateful to some.
So the Black Lives Matter name will trigger some people into reliving painful memories of a protest. Especially our very delicate policemen. Ok.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:17 am
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:45 am

So the Black Lives Matter name will trigger some people into reliving painful memories of a protest. Especially our very delicate policemen. Ok.
Well... to be fair, we now also have the images of police being set on fire, shot and bleeding out in the street, and spit on more times to count.

It’s far to dismissive of human suffering to say that one group of victims should be celebrated and one should be condemned.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Snicker
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Idiotic!
No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.

Donald Trump
[/
font]
Locked Previous topicNext topic