I don't wear a face mask

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I physically can not breathe if I am wearing one. I have tried all different kinds and nothing as worked. I have really bad asthma and other pulmonary issues. I have had multiple asthma attacks just testing out different masks.

I found one that I thought was good. It was a pretty thin cotton material and pretty breathable. I had an asthma attack in the middle of the supermarket and has to be taken by ambulance to the hospital because I couldn't breathe, my fingers, toes, and the tip of my nose turned blue, and then I passed out. I've been having to use oxygen off and on since that happened.

Even with a note from my doctor people have an issue with it. There is an order in my state requiring facemasks but there are exceptions for those with medical conditions.

I have a face shield and I tried wearing that but people still freaked out even more so than when I wore nothing. It doesn't fall under the mask mandate anyway so it wasn't really worth it to keep wearing it.

I wish people would just keep their distance instead of coming up to me to confront me. I keep my distance from everyone but people still come right up to me.

I am part of the vulnerable population. I do everything I can to keep myself safe but I still have to do the basics and get food and gas and stuff like that.

I wish people would be more understanding and I wish they wouldn't assume I'm just someone who doesn't want to wear a mask. If I could I would but it's just not possible with my crappy lungs. Don't judge until you know why someone isn't wearing a mask.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I tried to have empathy for you, but I failed.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

When I see someone not wearing a mask in our state with a mask mandate, I think, "Good, I'm glad they have the nerve to not wear one." I think they're BS anyway. I guess you just keep running into the a$$holes.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

The thing that surprises me the most about this whole mask issue is that I haven’t heard anyone making a fuss about someone else’s mask or lack of mask.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

When it was said that you wear a mask to protect others and they wear a mask to protect you I knew there would be problems. Many are so selfish that they could care less about other people. My mom had lung cancer and had half of 1 of her lungs removed and also has copd. She wears a mask and only goes places where she can distance herself. She also takes advantage of home delivery and hours for vulnerable people. You should be glad that you do not work somewhere like a hospital or nursing home where you would have to wear one for 12 hours or be exposed to the virus.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 pm When I see someone not wearing a mask in our state with a mask mandate, I think, "Good, I'm glad they have the nerve to not wear one." I think they're BS anyway. I guess you just keep running into the a$$holes.
A lot of people in my area are very "politically correct" and big on rule following. I wish there was no drama I don't go looking for it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:23 pm The thing that surprises me the most about this whole mask issue is that I haven’t heard anyone making a fuss about someone else’s mask or lack of mask.
A lot of people do make a fuss. There are videos of people from all over the place making issues about masks. There are also videos of people without masks making fools of themselves.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:27 pm When it was said that you wear a mask to protect others and they wear a mask to protect you I knew there would be problems. Many are so selfish that they could care less about other people. My mom had lung cancer and had half of 1 of her lungs removed and also has copd. She wears a mask and only goes places where she can distance herself. She also takes advantage of home delivery and hours for vulnerable people. You should be glad that you do not work somewhere like a hospital or nursing home where you would have to wear one for 12 hours or be exposed to the virus.
I actually ended up losing my job over the mask issue. The company requires everyone to wear a mask and I couldn't. My shift was only 8 hours though.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

the only mask that really protect you are the N95 or kn95
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:58 pm I physically can not breathe if I am wearing one. I have tried all different kinds and nothing as worked. I have really bad asthma and other pulmonary issues. I have had multiple asthma attacks just testing out different masks.

I found one that I thought was good. It was a pretty thin cotton material and pretty breathable. I had an asthma attack in the middle of the supermarket and has to be taken by ambulance to the hospital because I couldn't breathe, my fingers, toes, and the tip of my nose turned blue, and then I passed out. I've been having to use oxygen off and on since that happened.

Even with a note from my doctor people have an issue with it. There is an order in my state requiring facemasks but there are exceptions for those with medical conditions.

I have a face shield and I tried wearing that but people still freaked out even more so than when I wore nothing. It doesn't fall under the mask mandate anyway so it wasn't really worth it to keep wearing it.

I wish people would just keep their distance instead of coming up to me to confront me. I keep my distance from everyone but people still come right up to me.

I am part of the vulnerable population. I do everything I can to keep myself safe but I still have to do the basics and get food and gas and stuff like that.

I wish people would be more understanding and I wish they wouldn't assume I'm just someone who doesn't want to wear a mask. If I could I would but it's just not possible with my crappy lungs. Don't judge until you know why someone isn't wearing a mask.
They will be mandatory come July 1st in all indoor spaces statewide in my state.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic