Would you kneel or take a knee

Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 pm I don't see what the big deal is. I think this adulation to the F***ing flag has got ridiculous. We're not a fascist country. No other democratic country idolizes their flag and carries on like lunatics around it. It's F***ing embarassing.
Let me guess.. IT'S RACIST. people that care about the flag are racist. they are all white and racist because all white people are racist and everything white people do and say is racist. we got it, thank.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, ok, like Kaepernick. You weren’t referring to a specific upcoming planned event.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:29 pm Usually someone does this instead of standing for the pledge of allegiance or the national anthem.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:16 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 pm I don't see what the big deal is. I think this adulation to the F***ing flag has got ridiculous. We're not a fascist country. No other democratic country idolizes their flag and carries on like lunatics around it. It's F***ing embarassing.
? I think I missed something. I’m not sure what the flag has to do with the question asked but I also worked yesterday, wasn’t online much, and didn’t watch the news. Here people have been taking a knee at the protests, even police officers.

On a side note: Does anyone else think it’s ironic that the pledge of allegiance says indivisible, with liberty and justice for all...yet people get offended by others taking a knee?

ETA: Yes, OP I will. I’m not scared.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes..it is a sign of respect.
People kneel often in situations. For instance, on the Karate mat if someone gets injured, the other person sparring them kneels in the opposite direction as a sign of respect. When the injured party gets up, the other person stands, bows, and fist bumps them. There is nothing disrespectful about taking a knee for anything.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:14 am in a sign of support for a cause?

I would absolutely not in any situation.
Nope, because I would have to get on both knees then crawl to hold onto something to get up
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:43 pm
Let me guess.. IT'S RACIST. people that care about the flag are racist. they are all white and racist because all white people are racist and everything white people do and say is racist. we got it, thank.
I didn't take it as racist. She's saying- rightly or wrongly I'm not sure- that we're treating the American flag as something sacred. And we shouldn't. So if someone wants to protest during the national anthem let them. Frankly I think this whole thing was always much ado about nothing. What of the people that don't so much as rise during the anthem? Or talk during it? Jehovah's witnesses can't even say the pledge. Big deal. I stand during the anthem and teach my boys to do so as well. But I feel let everyone else do as they like. I'm not the flag police.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t see any issue with people doing it. 🤷🏼‍♀️
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No, but only because I couldn’t get back up, but if I could I would.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not sure why I wouldn’t.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Absolutely!!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:14 am in a sign of support for a cause?

I would absolutely not in any situation.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s against my beliefs to kneel for anything or anyone, but I would take part in some other awareness campaign.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic