Fauci warns overextending coronavirus lockdowns could cause ‘irreparable damage

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Imposing coronavirus lockdowns for too long could cause “irreparable damage,” said the White House’s top doctor Anthony Fauci Friday.

Fauci believes many parts of the country are ready for “cautious” and “prudent” reopenings, though he warned that guidelines for social distancing and mask-wearing must still be adhered to, he said during an appearance on CNBC Friday.

“We can’t stay locked down for such a considerable period of time that you might do irreparable damage and have unintended consequences, including consequences for health,” he said.

The National Institutes for Health official has taken heat from Republican lawmakers for appearing to lobby against President Trump’s calls for reopening.
https://nypost.com/2020/05/22/what-over ... use-fauci/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why is he even still talking?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

I read an article where the writer believes we are entering another Great Depression. Let me go find that article......
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

From the article:

"Fauci believes many parts of the country are ready for “cautious” and “prudent” reopenings, though he warned that guidelines for social distancing and mask-wearing must still be adhered to, he said during an appearance on CNBC Friday."

I totally agree but unfortunately, as I've experienced the last couple of weeks, social distancing and mask wearing seems to be virtually impossible for a significant portion of the population. I don't get it but we are discussing shutting down our business simply because people can't follow simple rules and regulations that are in place to keep our vendors and customers safe. <sigh> Our "hope" is that our governor announces that mask wearing is necessary in public spaces as which point we can call in our local police to monitor and enforce. At the same time, our police force is fairly conservative so they decide that they won't enforce state orders as that is now a "thing". If that happens, we'll shut down which would be devastating for our community and our small farmer/producers.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:08 am Why is he even still talking?
Unbelievable. Two months ago he was all for keeping the country shut down until there is a vaccine. Then we had the 'don't wear masks' flipped to 'everyone needs to wear a mask'. I think he misses his 10 minutes of fame each day when Trump did his updates. Now, Trump is having his press sec'y do most of the daily updates. And, he's definitely fallen out of favor with Trump. Doing a face palm on live TV when Trump first talked about hydroxychloroquine didn't help his standing with Trump either.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:49 pm
Unbelievable. Two months ago he was all for keeping the country shut down until there is a vaccine. Then we had the 'don't wear masks' flipped to 'everyone needs to wear a mask'. I think he misses his 10 minutes of fame each day when Trump did his updates. Now, Trump is having his press sec'y do most of the daily updates. And, he's definitely fallen out of favor with Trump. Doing a face palm on live TV when Trump first talked about hydroxychloroquine didn't help his standing with Trump either.
Don't even get me started on that weasel and HCQ. There's an entire list of trials doctors are bringing forward in real time showing 91% efficacy. Not just one. A list.

The most unconscionable part? HE did the initial study back in August 2005 where he knew that HCQ relieved AND even had a prophylactic effect on SARS 1. That piece of crap STILL stands there and claims there's nothing to treat this SARS CoV2 virus when he's known for 15 years that this drug is effective on the SARS 1 virus. He should have run forward with this medication IF he was interested in public health and safety. That is clearly not a factor here.

He should be charged with 69,000 counts of murder. Or however many actual Covid deaths there really are. He's stood there and watched mothers and fathers and grandparents suffer and die needlessly. He runs his mouth about needless suffering and pain if we open the country back up ... Last week. Now of course he's changing his tune.

That little weasel belongs behind bars, not on any stage and certainly not with half of the population hanging on his every word as if its gospel. I haven't even lost anyone to this "virus" and this makes me absolutely furious.

Excerpts from the August 2005 write up with conclusion below. Directly from the NIH site.

Capture+_2020-05-23-08-21-41.png
Capture+_2020-05-23-08-20-54.png
Capture+_2020-05-23-08-20-36.png
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:33 am
Mommamia wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:49 pm
Don't even get me started on that weasel and HCQ. There's an entire list of trials doctors are bringing forward in real time showing 91% efficacy. Not just one. A list.

The most unconscionable part? HE did the initial study back in August 2005 where he knew that HCQ relieved AND even had a prophylactic effect on SARS 1. That piece of crap STILL stands there and claims there's nothing to treat this SARS CoV2 virus when he's known for 15 years that this drug is effective on the SARS 1 virus. He should have run forward with this medication IF he was interested in public health and safety. That is clearly not a factor here.

He should be charged with 69,000 counts of murder. Or however many actual Covid deaths there really are. He's stood there and watched mothers and fathers and grandparents suffer and die needlessly. He runs his mouth about needless suffering and pain if we open the country back up ... Last week. Now of course he's changing his tune.

That little weasel belongs behind bars, not on any stage and certainly not with half of the population hanging on his every word as if its gospel. I haven't even lost anyone to this "virus" and this makes me absolutely furious.

Excerpts from the August 2005 write up with conclusion below. Directly from the NIH site.

Capture+_2020-05-23-08-21-41.pngCapture+_2020-05-23-08-20-54.pngCapture+_2020-05-23-08-20-36.png
I can't remember the exact moment, or what he said, but I haven't trusted him from practically the beginning of this whole thing. The CDC director (Dr. Redfield) is also not to be trusted. None of the elite want hydroxychloroquine to be used because there's no money to be made on it. It's been around so long it costs like 50 cents a pill. Just like they've padded the number of deaths, I think the CDC lied about their study showing it doesn't work on COVID patients.

Down the road, when things get back to a more normal way of life, the virus is under control, Trump needs to clean house at the CDC and NIH.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:24 pm From the article:

"Fauci believes many parts of the country are ready for “cautious” and “prudent” reopenings, though he warned that guidelines for social distancing and mask-wearing must still be adhered to, he said during an appearance on CNBC Friday."

I totally agree but unfortunately, as I've experienced the last couple of weeks, social distancing and mask wearing seems to be virtually impossible for a significant portion of the population. I don't get it but we are discussing shutting down our business simply because people can't follow simple rules and regulations that are in place to keep our vendors and customers safe. <sigh> Our "hope" is that our governor announces that mask wearing is necessary in public spaces as which point we can call in our local police to monitor and enforce. At the same time, our police force is fairly conservative so they decide that they won't enforce state orders as that is now a "thing". If that happens, we'll shut down which would be devastating for our community and our small farmer/producers.
That’s my thing to. I don’t have a problem with anyone who disagrees with social distancing, but I’m scared I’ll get exposed and I don’t want to be rude like “get TF away from me” because we don’t have the same opinion.

Good luck to you and your business.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:09 pm

That’s my thing to. I don’t have a problem with anyone who disagrees with social distancing, but I’m scared I’ll get exposed and I don’t want to be rude like “get TF away from me” because we don’t have the same opinion.

My best friend was spit on at Walmart yesterday because she was wearing a mask - she was a customer, not a worker not that it makes that much of a difference. She was spit on! This goes so far beyond a difference of opinion or politics. I'm sorry, but these people are not good people. They just aren't. No amount of constitutional rights explaining is going to convince me that people who are irate about face masks are well intended. I'm not sure our business will shut down but if this continues, I'll quit as will some of our vendors. Balancing personal safety with economic solvency is pretty yucky. No one should feel physically endangered by selling meat, veg, eggs, or bread at a farmers market!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:30 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:09 pm

My best friend was spit on at Walmart yesterday because she was wearing a mask - she was a customer, not a worker not that it makes that much of a difference. She was spit on! This goes so far beyond a difference of opinion or politics. I'm sorry, but these people are not good people. They just aren't. No amount of constitutional rights explaining is going to convince me that people who are irate about face masks are well intended. I'm not sure our business will shut down but if this continues, I'll quit as will some of our vendors. Balancing personal safety with economic solvency is pretty yucky. No one should feel physically endangered by selling meat, veg, eggs, or bread at a farmers market!
Pretty sure y'all know I'm in the "no mask" camp, but what happened to your friend is all kinds of wrong. I might have my own opinion about wearing a mask but spitting on someone because they are wearing a mask is definitely NOT the thing to do. We're not all assholes. I am hoping that the spitter was arrested, because that IS assault.

I personally feel that if a store mandates a mask, then I will not shop there. I don't harbor ill-will towards the store or the employees, and I won't go there and cause a scene whining about my rights - it's private property and they can set the rules. I can choose to go elsewhere.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic