Birth control question

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have a question and hope to get some help here. I googled it and didn't get much of an answer to my particular question. My doctor's office started the long weekend yesterday. None of the staff was available to answer a question.

Okay, so I started Sprintec (generic for Ortho Cyclen) one week later than I was supposed to from what I can figure and what I read on their website yesterday. All I got from the pharmacy with the prescription was a sheet listing side effects and to take one pill a day at the same time. That was it. Yesterday, I started having cramps and backaches the same as I would on the first day of my period. Not much bleeding but there never is the first day of two. So I assume not starting the Sprintec when I should have allowed for ovulation and a period to occur on time? I know I need to ask a doctor but since I can't for three more days, I was hoping someone on here might be able to share some personal knowledge. I have never taken BC pills before.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You can start taking the pills any time after you get them. If you start taking combination pills within 5 days after your period starts, you’ll be protected from pregnancy right away. However, if you start combination pills any other time, you need to take the pill for 7 days before you’re protected from pregnancy (per Planned Parenthood's recommendations).

DD was on Junel Fe and was fine with it, but her doctor switched her to Sprintec to see if that was any better. She absolutely hated Sprintec. It made her periods heavy and crampy, so she switched back to Junel Fe and has been doing well on it. It's different for everyone though. That was just our personal experience with it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:45 pm You can start taking the pills any time after you get them. If you start taking combination pills within 5 days after your period starts, you’ll be protected from pregnancy right away. However, if you start combination pills any other time, you need to take the pill for 7 days before you’re protected from pregnancy (per Planned Parenthood's recommendations).

DD was on Junel Fe and was fine with it, but her doctor switched her to Sprintec to see if that was any better. She absolutely hated Sprintec. It made her periods heavy and crampy, so she switched back to Junel Fe and has been doing well on it. It's different for everyone though. That was just our personal experience with it.
Thank you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic