Poll: This Affects* Everyone and The Site so Please Vote!

How to Fix The Site

Purge posts made in the very beginning
14%
Cut styles down to 2 and get rid of some extensions
13%
Keep everything and deal with speed issues and random errors that may pop up
5%
Purge old posts and cut down on styles
67%

Total votes: 129
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It would be around $500/month just for the server that we need and that doesn’t included the extra security, SSL, etc etc that we have. Plus the time I would need to invest or hire someone who knows what they’re doing to run it.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:28 am
12skipafew wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 am I think we all got spoiled with cm when it came to looking back and bumping old posts. Deleting posts is hard for me just because I like to go back and read when I’m bored and I like to see who was on but left. I need to win the lottery so I can be like cm lol.
LuckyEightWow wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am When I moderated on another site they locked/deleted posts that were over two months old. There is nothing worse then a really old post that gets bumped.

I’d also be okay with loosing some extensions/styles, just not milk lol I love that one!
I get bored and go back and read old posts, just to read, lol. How much would it cost to run a site like CM? IF I ever hit a big lottery, I'll cover it.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:54 am
Conweis wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 am Too bad you cant find our who has multiple accounts and purge those.
Purge members who havent been active in six month and posts from one year past.
I like the idea about purging people with multiple SN's.

ETA: Please keep the Absolution style.
And Mill v2
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:54 am
Conweis wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 am Too bad you cant find our who has multiple accounts and purge those.
Purge members who havent been active in six month and posts from one year past.
I like the idea about purging people with multiple SN's.

ETA: Please keep the Absolution style.
I like that idea too.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

What about doing some stuff from each catagory

Remove all posts from may 2018 to october 2019

Cut down the styles to 2 or 3 but keep the extensions.

Do a poll on the styles

Get rid of the accounts that havent posted in 6 months.

Would doing the above help?
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah and I was planning on cutting members who have never posted either way because there’s no point in keeping them.

So to all the lurkers, make a post or you’re account is gone lol.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:51 am What about doing some stuff from each catagory

Do a poll on the styles

🤓The Admin 🤓
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:12 am I think we all got spoiled with cm when it came to looking back and bumping old posts. Deleting posts is hard for me just because I like to go back and read when I’m bored and I like to see who was on but left. I need to win the lottery so I can be like cm lol.
LuckyEightWow wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am When I moderated on another site they locked/deleted posts that were over two months old. There is nothing worse then a really old post that gets bumped.

I’d also be okay with loosing some extensions/styles, just not milk lol I love that one!
I think I’ve only gone back once or twice and usually it’s my own post and for a picture lol
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

purge. I don't go through old posts so to me they aren't needed. I'm okay with whatever. Do what makes your life easier since you work so hard to keep this going.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 am Please keep milkv2 style. That’s all I care about. 😆
Agree
Anonymous 3

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 am Yeah and I was planning on cutting members who have never posted either way because there’s no point in keeping them.

So to all the lurkers, make a post or you’re account is gone lol.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:51 am What about doing some stuff from each catagory

Do a poll on the styles

Deleting the sn's from 2018 that havent posted since then cancels 15 accounts, and thats just from the first page alone.
Please keep the extensions, memes and gifs are fun
Please keep the absolution, milk and prosilver styles. I like to switch back and forth

eta: from page 1 to 5, eliminating sn's that havent posted since 2018 deletes between 13-16 accounts on each page
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would get rid of some of the sub-forums that are no longer used. It makes the site look more empty, imo.

If I were to organize it:
1) Announcements & Site Help Forum
2) Mom Confessions Forum
3) New & Politics Forum, with 4) sub forum for memes (which can be purged every so often)
General Mom Talk Forum with sub forums 5) Mom Support & Advice, 6) Venting Corner, 7) Lifestyle (food, recipes, hobbies, etc.)
8) Fight Corner Forum
9) Religion & Spirituality Forum

So only 9 total.

Then Member run forum
And if anybody misses any of the other subforums -- they can petition to have a member run site, with the rules, they agree going to post weekly, so it doesn't look so abandoned & forlorn, lol.

I only use one style, milk, so styles don't really matter to me.

That's my recommendation.
Locked Previous topicNext topic