I hope a damn mailbox doesn't cause problems

Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Your neighbors sound uptight. When we got new neighbors they had to put up a mailbox on our side of the street. They just put it up next to ours and I never even thought of complaining.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:47 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:39 pm
Spoiler
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:25 pm

that is a federal .offense. and I have cameras up in front of my house . the shoulder doesn't belong to the owner but the town.. all of the mailboxes are on that side of the :D road. if I put it up in front of my house I wouldn't get my mail. and believe what you like, the post office told me to put it across the street.
Having always lived in civilization and not in some backwoods redneck hillbilly land like you has spoiled me. Every house we've ever owned has always had a mailbox on the house, a slot in the door or a mailbox on the front gate.

You said , "she get out of her car calls someone saying there is a mailbox in our yard".
Perhaps if you were clear about the situation in the original post instead of adding info here and there in the replies then we could provide better replies but I'm sure that was your trollish intention
Why don't you crawl back under your rock.
f**k off, at least I'm small enough to fit under a rock if I were a troll. You and your old decrepit fat ass friend need a huge bridge to crawl under
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:15 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm
Spoiler
Having always lived in civilization and not in some backwoods redneck hillbilly land like you has spoiled me. Every house we've ever owned has always had a mailbox on the house, a slot in the door or a mailbox on the front gate.

You said , "she get out of her car calls someone saying there is a mailbox in our yard".
Perhaps if you were clear about the situation in the original post instead of adding info here and there in the replies then we could provide better replies but I'm sure that was your trollish intention
I haven't added any extra information . and In normal civilization people have regular mailboxes not like the Andy Griffith show where they have slots on the door. this isn't 1950. . I was very clear in my op . it isn't my fault you can't comprehend.
Bless your old decrepit little heart. I had to the Google Andy Griffith show and the house had a mail box on the house by the door, but it's okay granny.. old elderly people forget things easily.
Had to Google the Andy Griffith show LOL! Bless your little Gen Z heart.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:33 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:47 pm
Spoiler

Why don't you crawl back under your rock.
f**k off, at least I'm small enough to fit under a rock if I were a troll. You and your old decrepit fat ass friend need a huge bridge to crawl under
You know what makes me laugh? Petty little girls like you who are going stir-crazy because you're used to running the roads. Don't hurt yourself while you're sequestered in your new world.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:15 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm
Spoiler

I haven't added any extra information . and In normal civilization people have regular mailboxes not like the Andy Griffith show where they have slots on the door. this isn't 1950. . I was very clear in my op . it isn't my fault you can't comprehend.
Bless your old decrepit little heart. I had to the Google Andy Griffith show and the house had a mail box on the house by the door, but it's okay granny.. old elderly people forget things easily.
honey I am 38 years old. lmao
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:19 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:06 pm I understand that that is the correct place for you to put it and you have the legal right, but I would have given her a ring first to let her know out of respect. If someone just put something up in my yard without just a "hey, we need to put up a mailbox and the post office requires us to do it on your side of the street" I would be peeved. I probably would also ask their preference in color.

Yep. You’re rude OP.
I'm rude for putting my mailbox where it supposed to go?
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:38 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:01 pm we just moved. there isn't a mailbox here. I asked the post office and they told me we have to buy a mailbox. so I bought one. I didn't know where to put it up so I asked the post office. they said to put it up across the street. which is directly in front of someone house.

so I'm sitting outside. the lady across the street pulls up and she is staring at the mailbox. then she get out of her car calls someone saying there is a mailbox in our yard. then she walks down to it opens it and ask me if it is our mailbox. I said yes the post office told me to put it up across the street. she walked off saying I ain't liking it. I hope this doesn't cause a problem.
You cant place a mailbox on her property even if some idiot from the post office told you to which I doubt happened. The smart thing to do which you are clearly lacking, would be to put the mailbox in front of YOUR HOUSE ON YOUR PROPERY..
IF some one put their mailbox on MY property, it would magically disappear every time
The first few feet of all properties are easements (the city/county owns it). Roadside delivery of mail only happens on one side of the street so if she put the box on her property she wouldn't get any mail.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:44 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:01 pm we just moved. there isn't a mailbox here. I asked the post office and they told me we have to buy a mailbox. so I bought one. I didn't know where to put it up so I asked the post office. they said to put it up across the street. which is directly in front of someone house.

so I'm sitting outside. the lady across the street pulls up and she is staring at the mailbox. then she get out of her car calls someone saying there is a mailbox in our yard. then she walks down to it opens it and ask me if it is our mailbox. I said yes the post office told me to put it up across the street. she walked off saying I ain't liking it. I hope this doesn't cause a problem.
You cant place a mailbox on her property even if some idiot from the post office told you to which I doubt happened. The smart thing to do which you are clearly lacking, would be to put the mailbox in front of YOUR HOUSE ON YOUR PROPERY..
IF some one put their mailbox on MY property, it would magically disappear every time
The first few feet of all properties are easements (the city/county owns it). Roadside delivery of mail only happens on one side of the street so if she put the box on her property she wouldn't get any mail.
We have mailboxes on both sides of the street here
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:48 am
PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:44 am
We have mailboxes on both sides of the street here
We do too, but it depends on the conditions of the route. A main thoroughfare, like a state road, or rural route for example, will usually have them on one side of the road. In neighborhoods or subdivisions they're usually in front of or on the house.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

A little prior communication would have done wonders in this situation. She still has to mow that part as if its her property and she still has to look at it whether it belongs to the county or not. Saying something before just putting it up would have been the polite thing to do.

Since you can't change the past, apologize and make amends so you hopefully can have a good relationship going forward.
Locked Previous topicNext topic