UPDATES - It keeps pouring in.

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Updates added.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think that's a perfect resolution. My tip for you: Each time that he gets a new teacher, send that teacher a very brief email to introduce yourself and to say, "I just wanted to make sure you are aware of Johnny's 504 plan." We had the best teachers in our district from middle through high school. But I can't tell you how many times that if we had not mentioned the 504 plan, the teacher would not have even known of it. Best wishes to you. Things are going to be looking up for both him AND you real soon. Congrats on achieving this. It will definitely help your son (and you!)
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:11 am

UPDATE:

Had the meeting with the school this morning and at this point we are going to wait on testing but they are going to write up a 504 plan for him. I'm good with that. Since he doesn't struggle to learn the material he's not spec ed and therefore testing would likely be just a waste of time. He just needs the classroom accommodations for extra time, preferential seating, extra reminders, extra organization all for his ADHD. And they are going to make up a booklet for him of basically daily check-offs. Essentially in each class he will check off if he did his work, turned in his work, etc and the teacher will sign it. Then he will bring it home so we can see it and sign it. Extra communication between us and teachers basically. Ideally to help keep him on track.
And that's really all I was looking for is the 504 plan. I just requested the testing and everything to cover all my bases. If they think he doesn't need it right now I'm good with that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic