Camping/fishing/hunting..

Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:38 pm
Bubbs wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:08 pm Not my thing.
On dating sites, there are SO many pictures of men with dead fish
or in camo, like they just went hunting. I am not attracted to that either.
OMGosh, like really? That is too funny, it's like there's a little caveman in 'em left over from 500BC, when bringing a female raw dead fish, was probably a pretty good woo-ing strategy, LMAO.

But I mean, it's 2020, I could not imagine posing with a dead fish for a dating picture, like, what are they thinking??
Some women like men who can provide for themselves. People today are becoming more and more helpless when it comes to how much they have to depend on others to survive, and it seems like from this post , the men who are fully capable of providing for themselves are being shamed for the pride they feel in that.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:50 am
OMGosh, like really? That is too funny, it's like there's a little caveman in 'em left over from 500BC, when bringing a female raw dead fish, was probably a pretty good woo-ing strategy, LMAO.

But I mean, it's 2020, I could not imagine posing with a dead fish for a dating picture, like, what are they thinking??
Some women like men who can provide for themselves. People today are becoming more and more helpless when it comes to how much they have to depend on others to survive, and it seems like from this post , the men who are fully capable of providing for themselves are being shamed for the pride they feel in that.
It’s very far removed from anything I’m used to, that it makes me uninterested.
In my suburban or city living life, the idea of having to hunt and kill my own food. Is not anything I am comfortable with. Hell, I barely want to touch raw food.
It’s not shaming per se it’s the comfort level of the person.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If I could show some of these pics, it happens all the time. And it’s always a no from me. (I do say no to everyone anyway though, so my opinion isn’t that accurate)
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe you’re right...but another perspective, I provide my own financial stability with my job, right? But I would’t post me in the middle of a intense job situation on a dating sight nor would I post my bank & retirement account amounts, lol. I just feel that is not really appropriate for first impressions. And if someone does post their salary on their picture, I would totally laugh at that too.

But I certainly do not want to shame anyone.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 am

If I could show some of these pics, it happens all the time. And it’s always a no from me. (I do say no to everyone anyway though, so my opinion isn’t that accurate)
You know, if there are that many, maybe Frau is right, perhaps, there are bucket loads of women that love a man bringing - raw fish home for a fire. It still cracks me up.

I grew up rural though, and never found camo or dead game, attractive even without a dating profile pic, so obviously, I am biased.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:11 am

In my suburban or city living life, the idea of having to hunt and kill my own food. Is not anything I am comfortable with. Hell, I barely want to touch raw food.
I understand, but living that type of hunting and fishing lifestyle really is that, a lifestyle.

There are plenty of women who do enjoy living that lifestyle so I would guess a picture like that on a dating page is sort of like raising a flag. And only those who want to should pay attention.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 am

You know, if there are that many, maybe Frau is right, perhaps, there are bucket loads of women that love a man bringing - raw fish home for a fire. It still cracks me up.

I grew up rural though, and never found camo or dead game, attractive even without a dating profile pic, so obviously, I am biased.
I think you might be missing the impact of the moments that lead up to a man bringing home a raw fish to cook.

In order for that to happen, that man had to wake up early and find bait - sometimes they take the kids with them and I still cherish the memories of going out with my grandfather to find bait in the early morning- before most of the woods are awake, when it’s just you and the birds, listening to your grandfather tell you stories about his life, the right way to do things, and the stories of your culture.

Then that man has to go fishing, and teach their children how to fish, sitting in a boat with their kids on a lake, talking about everything from how to cook, to how to handle the awful parts of life with dignity. Or maybe they go with friends and talk about anything from the serious to the funny.

They they come home and cook the fish, which I must say, fresh out of the water fish is so much better tasting than anything in the store. But they they get to have those moments of being in the kitchen with their family cooking and bonding in one of the oldest ways we have.

It’s not just about the fish, Its the lifestyle.

It is the person displaying that this is the kind of lifestyle they choose to live. They’re saying much more about the way they want to spend their time and hold their relationships than what they are going to eat for dinner.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't hunt or camp but deep sea fishing is fun as hell. We pay someone at the docks to clean our catch though. I doubt anyone would want you to go hunting with them and as for camping they could always just go with a group of friends.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:40 am
Bubbs wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:11 am

I understand, but living that type of hunting and fishing lifestyle really is that, a lifestyle.

There are plenty of women who do enjoy living that lifestyle so I would guess a picture like that on a dating page is sort of like raising a flag. And only those who want to should pay attention.
I assume it’s done to deter those who wouldn’t appreciate that lifestyle.
Because it works. 😉
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 am

LOL
I grew up so suburban, I was 12 before I saw the actual woods. (I was unimpressed)
Locked Previous topicNext topic