Mother Nature/Murphy's Law/The Universe can go fcuk itself

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Every damn time we get our feet under us and things start looking up or going in the direction we've been waiting for, something comes along and fucks with our plans. EVERY damn time.

Husband had a double hernia (bilateral) surgery six months ago and missed several months of work. Thankfully it was an on-the-job injury and L&I covered everything. Two months ago, he strained a tendon while on the job and thinks it's related to the hernia and the lack of PT after surgery. Still waiting on the case to be reopened.

About three weeks ago his car went down with a clutch issue. Got our tax return back and got his car into the shop the other day to get it fixed. So far, things are going mostly according to plan. Until tonight. After driving it no problem all day, it wouldn't start at the grocery store and jumping it didn't help.

Thanks to friends, we're home now but we have no vehicles and need to figure out a way to get my car to the mechanic to get it fixed as well. This will be the 3rd starter in 2 years. I F***ing hate that van and if I weren't paying on it, I'd shove it over a cliff on fire. Oh! And I think there's a mouse living in my van somewhere. Found a nest of shredded napkins in the glove box and the soft bag I kept my sunglasses in was all chewed up.

ETA after 12 comments: I left out some critical information: The vehicle with the starter problems is MY van, not his car. He is only facing clutch issues, which are being fixed. I was tired an pissed when I originally posted this last night.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Have you checked out the fuel pumps in DH's car? If it's trying to start and turning over, it's more than likely not electrical. It could also be the clutch switch.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Seriously 2020 can go f**k its self already
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It seems weird to me that the starter would keep going out on his car. I would have that checked. There is something else going on there that's causing that. You need to get to the root of the problem.

As for the mouse, that's easy enough to fix. Take everything that they can make a nest out of, out of the car for awhile. Also, don't keep food in there. And make sure you clean up the seats after your kids are done eating back there.

I'm sorry your having a rough time. It will get better. Just breathe.

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Can you trade the car for a different one? It doesn't have to be paid off to trade it.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I feel your pain. For us, it's the "Rule of Three." If one bad thing goes down, it's nearly inevitable that two other things will happen in quick, or rapid, succession. And very often it involves my car. It's almost comical at this point...
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Deep breath.
Some of us get kicked down every step of the way.
Just breath and handle business.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:52 am It seems weird to me that the starter would keep going out on his car. I would have that checked. There is something else going on there that's causing that. You need to get to the root of the problem.

As for the mouse, that's easy enough to fix. Take everything that they can make a nest out of, out of the car for awhile. Also, don't keep food in there. And make sure you clean up the seats after your kids are done eating back there.

I'm sorry your having a rough time. It will get better. Just breathe.
Sometimes remanufactured starters aren't remanned properly. My neighbor is employed by Auto Zone and told me to never get a remanned electrical anything from them.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Screenshot_20200202-133457.jpg
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 am Seriously 2020 can go f**k its self already
Wake me up when November (and the election) ends.
Op I'm sorry. I hope it gets better.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I know that feeling. Every. Damn. Time. We get ahead something comes up. This time it was the handle on my van. Cost me $200 to fix. It's not a huge expense, but it cuts into my budget, for sure.
Locked Previous topicNext topic