Is it OK to recline when sitting in economy?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Looks like he's in the back and can't recline.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:51 pm Why make the seats recline if you aren’t supposed to use them?
I think maybe you're supposed to exercise judgement and courtesy in reclining? Like if you see you're going to be in someone's face, then sit up like you would anywhere else in life. Work, the bus, your car, your friend's house. You know, be vertical. It never killed anyone yet. He couldn't recline to get away from her, because he was at the end. He couldn't create any space.

The woman is an absolute imbecile that she's allegedly had all of these back and neck issues, but she just didn't sit up. She sat there and let that nitwit keep punching her chair. If I was that crippled I would have protected my neck and spine. She's obviously missing something in her brain.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:06 pm I haven't flown in a plane since 2004 so I am unaware that the airplane seats can (or could) recline.

Honestly, how far back do they recline? And are all passengers aware of this fact?

I find it more rude that she actually seemed to be having fun with "jack hole" while she was videotaping him. ATST, he was rude as well by punching her seat.

Reason # 256, 847 why I don't fly anymore.
Have you flown in anything else? ;) :D
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And...this is why I despise being out in public and don't want to get on a plane. I wouldn't recline my seat nor would I punch or push someone else's reclined seat. I sit quiet and reserved and try my best to be invisible.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:40 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:06 pm I haven't flown in a plane since 2004 so I am unaware that the airplane seats can (or could) recline.

Honestly, how far back do they recline? And are all passengers aware of this fact?

I find it more rude that she actually seemed to be having fun with "jack hole" while she was videotaping him. ATST, he was rude as well by punching her seat.

Reason # 256, 847 why I don't fly anymore.
Have you flown in anything else? ;) :D
lolol :P
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Here is a way to do it. Turn around ask the person behind you if they mind if you recline the seat a bit. If they say yes recline the seat a bit (not all the way) and then ask them again if they need you to put it up a bit, or if is okay. If they say no, then do not recline. Common courtesy goes a long way.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’ve never ridden an airplane but I’d be very uncomfortable if I were reclined back in someone’s business like that. No one would have to ask me to move
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sorry-NO! In the seats they give you now it's rude to recline. There is NO ROOM to recline because it puts you in the lap of the person behind you and makes it impossible for them to do anything such as get up to go to the bathroom if they need to. Put your seat in the upright position and STAY THERE instead of being a jerk.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've never been bothered when someone reclines. I have always reclined at least some. If that makes me rude, I guess I'm rude. But I'd rather some stranger find me rude than be throwing up because sitting up straight does nothing to help my motion sickness.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:44 am Here is a way to do it. Turn around ask the person behind you if they mind if you recline the seat a bit. If they say yes recline the seat a bit (not all the way) and then ask them again if they need you to put it up a bit, or if is okay. If they say no, then do not recline. Common courtesy goes a long way.
Yes
Locked Previous topicNext topic