Would this make you feel angry?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:07 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:51 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:19 pm

So because they are asian and are probably chatting about their own lives, then its okay for them to do that?
No No No, its not okay and they are jackasses for doing it, I dont care what they are chatting about. But I m not surprised that you are trying to explain why they are chatting and basically saying its okay for them to do it
It doesn't matter what race they are, I'd say the same thing if they were Swedish. In fact I don't get angry when the men at the barbershop where I take my kids speak in Italian while working. They are having their own private conversation in the language they are most comfortable with and they are not jackasses for that. You are not entitled to listen in on their conversation.
Its rude to speak in another language when around others that don't understand or speak that language, period. There is no excuse for that type of rudeness unless the person was raised in a barn by savages or in a jungle by wild animals. We stopped going to the nail salon where the jackasses spoke in another language while doing our nails plus dd got a nail infection from their nasty bad cleaning practices. They were shut down by the city a few weeks later, hahaha We found a great nail salon that is run by a respectful professional couple that will not allow their nail techs to speak in their native language during business hours unless they are at lunch. Even at the barber shop where my son goes, the owner and barbers always speak english even though they were born in another country. Some people have respect for others that don't speak their language, others not so much.
I completely disagree with you.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:04 pm in the context you listed, no. I'd be fine with it.
Me too.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In those examples you provided, no. I wouldn’t be bothered at all. That’s absurd.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

When Anon2 said what she said, I thought she meant that she doesn't think it's appropriate for the salon technician that is working on her nails to be talking to another salon technician in a language that was unknown to Anon2. Perhaps Anon2 could clarify.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:13 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:10 pm I don't think anyone that has been part of this thread is saying that they are at all offended by conversations that are being had by random people who happen to be within the vicinity of them.

All anyone seems to be saying is that it is rude to speak in code amongst those in your party. If anyone in your party can't understand what you are saying, it is as if you are speaking in code. IMO, it's never OK to do that. If it absolutely must be done, someone should translate for the those who don't understand what was said.
It doesn't matter what race they are, I'd say the same thing if they were Swedish. In fact I don't get angry when the men at the barbershop where I take my kids speak in Italian while working. They are having their own private conversation in the language they are most comfortable with and they are not jackasses for that. You are not entitled to listen in on their conversation.
That is what anon2 is saying. She said she finds someone "savage" and thinks they were "raised by wild animals" if they speak in another language to a coworker around her, when she is not a part of the conversation.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It wouldn’t bother me either unless they were acting as if they were mocking others. But even in a group restaurant setting, sometimes private conversations take place between people sitting together. It’s not a big deal. If two decide to engage in a conversation between themselves in their native language that’s fine by me. If I was part of that conversation and they purposely start speaking in another language to cut me off, well, that is rude and I will take the hint. But if no one at the table was part of that conversation, who cares? I’ll start a conversation of my own with others.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:03 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:02 pm

No, not if I didn't know them or if I wasn't in a group setting with them.
But I've been at a party or in a restaurant with a group of people and two or more would start talking in their language knowing full well the rest of us don't speak that gibberish. I just tell them to speak English because its rude to speak in another language the rest of don'r understand and they know it.
Another language isn't gibberish... are you talking about you're in a group of like five people and two will start talking in front of everyone else or you're at a party and you walk by two people speaking in another language?
Like I stated in the reply, if I was at a restaurant with a group of people sitting at the same table with me and others at the same table started talking in another language knowing full well the rest of don't speak that language at all.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't think she is entitled to the techs private conversation that has nothing to do with her just because she's doing her nails. She did clarify and said it's unprofessional for them to speak in another language at all while at work, unless they are on a lunch break.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:17 pm When Anon2 said what she said, I thought she meant that she doesn't think it's appropriate for the salon technician that is working on her nails to be talking to another salon technician in a language that was unknown to Anon2. Perhaps Anon2 could clarify.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:10 pm I don't think anyone that has been part of this thread is saying that they are at all offended by conversations that are being had by random people who happen to be within the vicinity of them.

All anyone seems to be saying is that it is rude to speak in code amongst those in your party. If anyone in your party can't understand what you are saying, it is as if you are speaking in code. IMO, it's never OK to do that. If it absolutely must be done, someone should translate for the those who don't understand what was said.

That is what anon2 is saying. She said she finds someone "savage" and thinks they were "raised by wild animals" if they speak in another language to a coworker around her, when she is not a part of the conversation.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why do you think you were entitled to be part of THEIR conversation?
And what if you’re in another country? Do you expect everyone around you to speak English so you’re not offended? When we went to Orlando, all our conversations between ourselves were in our native Spanish. Should we have talked in English amongst ourselves if you were close by because other languages make you uncomfortable? I couldn’t care less if the people sitting next to us at the table understood or not. They’re not part of our conversation.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:07 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:19 pm

So because they are asian and are probably chatting about their own lives, then its okay for them to do that?
No No No, its not okay and they are jackasses for doing it, I dont care what they are chatting about. But I m not surprised that you are trying to explain why they are chatting and basically saying its okay for them to do it
Its rude to speak in another language when around others that don't understand or speak that language, period. There is no excuse for that type of rudeness unless the person was raised in a barn by savages or in a jungle by wild animals. We stopped going to the nail salon where the jackasses spoke in another language while doing our nails plus dd got a nail infection from their nasty bad cleaning practices. They were shut down by the city a few weeks later, hahaha We found a great nail salon that is run by a respectful professional couple that will not allow their nail techs to speak in their native language during business hours unless they are at lunch. Even at the barber shop where my son goes, the owner and barbers always speak english even though they were born in another country. Some people have respect for others that don't speak their language, others not so much.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I just read the response you are referring to. I want to reiterate that I see nothing wrong with two workers (who aren't working on me) speaking with one another in their native language.

I would only take issue with them doing that if either one of them was working on me at the time. The minute one of them is working on me, none of the workers should be speaking to my technician in anything other than the language that I understand.

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:22 pm I don't think she is entitled to the techs private conversation that has nothing to do with her just because she's doing her nails. She did clarify and said it's unprofessional for them to speak in another language at all while at work, unless they are on a lunch break.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:17 pm When Anon2 said what she said, I thought she meant that she doesn't think it's appropriate for the salon technician that is working on her nails to be talking to another salon technician in a language that was unknown to Anon2. Perhaps Anon2 could clarify.

A private conversation is just that, private. If you don't want people to hear what you're saying, go in another room or walk away or wait until you are alone with the person and have your conversation then .
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why not? If the conversation doesn’t concern you, why should they stop using the language they’re more comfortable using?
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:25 pm I just read the response you are referring to. I want to reiterate that I see nothing wrong with two workers (who aren't working on me) speaking with one another in their native language.

I would only take issue with them doing that if either one of them was working on me at the time. The minute one of them is working on me, none of the workers should be speaking to my technician in anything other than the language that I understand.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic