Neighbor Drama - and shhh.. I'm the cause

Anonymous 11

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:10 pm
Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:35 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:33 pm

Even so, of all the houses we've owned, at each one a 15 passenger van would fit in either the garage or completely in the driveway. And even if not I know it would fit parallel in the street without blocking anything. And we've never had fancy homes, but there has always been room somewhere.
It doesn't fit in any standard size garage. What size garage have you had in the past? He drive way is standard for the area and it still hangs over the edge. .
Our current house has a standard one-car garage but it has a circle driveway which fits at least 3 vehicles completely on the driveway. So a large van would have no problem in the driveway.
Our last house was a two-car garage with extra room on the side, plus the driveway could easily fit 4 vehicles (two across, two deep) without any hangover whatsoever, plus there was extra driveway on the side of the garage.
The house before, two-car garage with room for 4 vehicles in the driveway.

So even if none of the garages were big enough, all of the driveways were big enough to fit even a 15 passenger van. Unless you're going to tell me it's actually the size of a touring bus.
You must have longer driveways than we do.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:14 pm
It doesn't fit in any standard size garage. What size garage have you had in the past? He drive way is standard for the area and it still hangs over the edge. .
Our current house has a standard one-car garage but it has a circle driveway which fits at least 3 vehicles completely on the driveway. So a large van would have no problem in the driveway.
Our last house was a two-car garage with extra room on the side, plus the driveway could easily fit 4 vehicles (two across, two deep) without any hangover whatsoever, plus there was extra driveway on the side of the garage.

So even if none of the garages were big enough, all of the driveways were big enough to fit even a 15 passenger van. Unless you're going to tell me it's actually the size of a touring bus.
Where do you live? Honestly there are very few driveways my van can fully fit in here. My sister has a long driveway and it obviously fits there. It does not fit in my driveway without hanging over.
My houses have been in MN and AZ.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:19 pm

This is a fairly typical driveway size in the places I have lived.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Where do you live? Honestly there are very few driveways a van that big can fully fit in here. My sister has a long driveway it would fit there.
It would fit it any driveway I’ve ever seen.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:05 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:47 pm
Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:34 pm
If I try that it blocks a mailbox. So no not problem solved.
So how do you park right now and what, if anything do you block or stick out into?
I park in my driveway and stick out onto the sidewalk. It's the only choice I have.
You do realize that it doesn’t matter what excuse you have, if you are doing something illegal then you deserve that ticket. It’s not the fault of the people trying to walk on the sidewalk. You chose your car, your home and the amount of kids you have. It absolutely does not give you the right to park illegally and be an asshole to people trying to get by. Maybe you have to park a few blocks away and park legally. If I lived in your neighborhood I would call every day and make sure you get a ticket every single time you blocked the sidewalk.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:47 pm
Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:19 pm

This is a fairly typical driveway size in the places I have lived.
Our driveway ends kind of like where the crack between the two slabs is. That is normal for this area. We have tiny front yards.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:25 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:47 pm

So how do you park right now and what, if anything do you block or stick out into?
I park in my driveway and stick out onto the sidewalk. It's the only choice I have.
You do realize that it doesn’t matter what excuse you have, if you are doing something illegal then you deserve that ticket. It’s not the fault of the people trying to walk on the sidewalk. You chose your car, your home and the amount of kids you have. It absolutely does not give you the right to park illegally and be an asshole to people trying to get by. Maybe you have to park a few blocks away and park legally. If I lived in your neighborhood I would call every day and make sure you get a ticket every single time you blocked the sidewalk.
My "excuse" is that my car literally doesnt fit in my garage, driveway, or on the street. Where would you suggest I park my car? There is nothing within blocks. Our neighborhood extends for over a mile in every direction. I am not being an asshole just for parking in my drive way as far up as I can.

They dont ticket for it here.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:33 pm
My "excuse" is that my car literally doesnt fit in my garage, driveway, or on the street. Where would you suggest I park my car? There is nothing within blocks. Our neighborhood extends for over a mile in every direction. I am not being an asshole just for parking in my drive way as far up as I can.

I hope none of your neighbors are mobility challenged.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:34 pm

I'm not sure what you expect her to do.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:34 pm

They arent but my son is. Everyone is understanding of our situation.
Locked Previous topicNext topic