I'm done

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:55 am
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:56 am My ex shows up at everything. It works for us. He hangs out in the back or with the kids and bothers no one. And bonus, he gets some great pictures! This way, I get the girls every holiday and he gets to see them every holiday. Win win.
That's nice to see that level of maturity with co parenting. :)
I actually give the most credit to dh. He’s the one who spends every holiday with my x and doesn’t bitch about it 😉
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The event where his mom will be is not the event to suddenly decide ‘f**k it’. You go meet his damn mom And then get all hot and bothered about the ex wife.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I can totally relate to how you feel when the ex wife does this (re: delving into our personal lives).

I used to go to all events that my SD held but for a couple reasons, I don't go to any of them anymore. And I'm a much happier person and wife for it.

It used to drive me nuts when my DH's ex, at every function, cozied up to me and began re-living her fond memories of days when she was married to my DH. I always thought it was weird. When I used to talk about this stuff on CM, members often said, "You're just jealous of her." Trust me, if you knew both of us, you'd know that there's nothing about her that I'd feel jealous about. I just thought it was inappropriate of her to "compare notes" of how things are with me and DH versus how they were for HER and DH. Weird.

So, I don't go to anything anymore. I have nothing against her. But she's not my family and she's not my bestie. And I'm not hanging with her because I don't have to and because I don't want to.
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:42 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:24 am Just don't talk to her. Ignore her. It is really petty to keep your son away from his grandmother solely because you can't deal with being in the same room as his ex.
I just don't like the idea of spilling my life story while she's sitting across the table from. My life story isn't any of her business.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:04 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:59 am

I just don't like the idea of spilling my life story while she's sitting across the table from. My life story isn't any of her business.
So then don't... I don't see why you would have to spill your life story at the Christmas dinner table...
She doesn't have to, she just wants to. She is extremely self centered and WANTS to be the center of attention at all times.
I am actually the opposite and hate attention.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:10 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:49 am
Inmybizz wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:36 am Is she mean to you or just nosey?
She's very nosey. She even took it upon herself to contact my minor son on social media and tell him that I was having a new baby.
yes 😑

You are having a baby?!?
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thank you! you wrote it better than I could.
You just said exactly how I feel. It's just awkward and I hate people telling me I'm jealous because I don't want to be her bff
Anonymous 11 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:55 pm I can totally relate to how you feel when the ex wife does this (re: delving into our personal lives).

I used to go to all events that my SD held but for a couple reasons, I don't go to any of them anymore. And I'm a much happier person and wife for it.

It used to drive me nuts when my DH's ex, at every function, cozied up to me and began re-living her fond memories of days when she was married to my DH. I always thought it was weird. When I used to talk about this stuff on CM, members often said, "You're just jealous of her." Trust me, if you knew both of us, you'd know that there's nothing about her that I'd feel jealous about. I just thought it was inappropriate of her to "compare notes" of how things are with me and DH versus how they were for HER and DH. Weird.

So, I don't go to anything anymore. I have nothing against her. But she's not my family and she's not my bestie. And I'm not hanging with her because I don't have to and because I don't want to.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:24 am Just don't talk to her. Ignore her. It is really petty to keep your son away from his grandmother solely because you can't deal with being in the same room as his ex.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:55 pm
Anonymous 9 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:04 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:59 am

So then don't... I don't see why you would have to spill your life story at the Christmas dinner table...
She doesn't have to, she just wants to. She is extremely self centered and WANTS to be the center of attention at all times.
I am actually the opposite and hate attention.
Oh BULLSHIT!!🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Just another way most of the members show how hypocritical they are. You should go & deal with an ex wife but cherry trees doesnt have to go & deal with an older brother. I'm sure they will have their excuses, why they feel each way with the different circumstances but the truth is , they all just talk out of their asses. 😂😂
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:31 pm The event where his mom will be is not the event to suddenly decide ‘f**k it’. You go meet his damn mom And then get all hot and bothered about the ex wife.
I know however this will be the most intimate event. The others were parties so it was easy to get lost from time to time.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

It's sometimes easier for some people to slap a quick label on you than it is for them to try to understand why you might feel as you do!
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:58 pm Thank you! you wrote it better than I could.
You just said exactly how I feel. It's just awkward and I hate people telling me I'm jealous because I don't want to be her bff
Anonymous 11 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:55 pm I can totally relate to how you feel when the ex wife does this (re: delving into our personal lives).

Locked Previous topicNext topic