The Worst Parenting Practices From The Past

Anonymous 2

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:16 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:07 pm
GMa4all wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:58 pm
EBF is excellent.
Pediatricians ( not “ peds”) are flexible, not rigid like you are.
Oh, and where did you get your medical degree?
🤣
Peds are flexable but they aren't going to stop recommending current science based recomendations which includes EBF,no solids before 6 months especially shit food of rice cereal,putting cereal in a bottle etc.....Sorry your feelings are hurt but those are the facts
Pediatricians .
Yes EBF is great.
But when I had babies we were “ allowed” to feed them a little jar of strained fruit or cereal , fed with a little spoon not in a bottle, besides the breast , and they were just fine. Rice cereal or fruit are not “shit food”.( oh wow, are you okay?)

My feelings are just fine.
Best do your research.....Rice cereal is shit and unneeded plus has levels of arsenic.Also learn to read....Never said anything about fruit

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/patients ... ereal.aspx
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have a Dr. Spock book about pregnancy and child rearing from the 40's-60's. It talks about how if a expectant mom has had a hard day. She should grab a smoke, and fix herself a cocktail.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:02 pm I have a Dr. Spock book about pregnancy and child rearing from the 40's-60's. It talks about how if a expectant mom has had a hard day. She should grab a smoke, and fix herself a cocktail.
Yikes!😳
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:03 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:02 pm I have a Dr. Spock book about pregnancy and child rearing from the 40's-60's. It talks about how if a expectant mom has had a hard day. She should grab a smoke, and fix herself a cocktail.
Yikes!😳
Again, the book is from like the 40's. When that was normal. I didn't say I took his advice.

Deleted User 1461

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:06 pm
GMa4all wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:03 pm
Yikes!😳
Again, the book is from like the 40's. When that was normal. I didn't say I took his advice.
I said yikes about the dr Spock book. Not you.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My mother lived and breathe by Dr.Spock. She gave me that book 25 years ago when I was pregnant with my first.....What a quack
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:11 pm
My mother lived and breathe by Dr.Spock. She gave me that book 25 years ago when I was pregnant with my first.....What a quack
Hubby found the book at MIL's back in the early 90's. We just thought the advice was hilarious.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:15 pm
Hubby found the book at MIL's back in the early 90's. We just thought the advice was hilarious.
I just showed the book to my very,very pregnant DIL......If she laughs any harder she might be having a baby today instead of Tuesday
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:22 pm

I just showed the book to my very,very pregnant DIL......If she laughs any harder she might be having a baby today instead of Tuesday
LOL! Congrats on the impending birth, and new grandbaby.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Thanks for the well wishes. I do hope it comes soon. Poor Sprite she is 42 weeks Wednesday and is feeling poorly. She is hiding at my home for the day because her mother I driving her mad
Locked Previous topicNext topic