I am not paying BM child support

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 am
Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 am
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 am If they have joint custody, I assume that’s what you mean by equal custody, then why is he paying child support in the first place?
The courts still will order CS to try to make both home equal in the case of income discrepancy. It’s child focused
BMs boyfriend makes more money than we do by far. So that doesn't really make sense in our situation.
Since when does the court take a boyfriends/new husbands income into consideration?
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 am If they have joint custody, I assume that’s what you mean by equal custody, then why is he paying child support in the first place?
The courts still will order CS to try to make both home equal in the case of income discrepancy. It’s child focused
BMs boyfriend makes more money than we do by far. So that doesn't really make sense in our situation.
BMs boyfriend has no obligation to the kids. His income isn’t a factor at all as far as the courts are concerned
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:05 am In this job market, there is no excuse for him being unemployed. He needs to get off his butt and get to work.
The job market is not great where we live.
"DH lost his job a few months back. ,,, He is actively looking for a job and has had several interviews and a few second interviews. He is over qualified for most of the jobs and people are seeming to have a problem with that. There are no jobs at the level he has been working at for years just below."

But there are jobs below the level he has been working at for years, so that excuse flies out the window.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:50 am

Since when does the court take a boyfriends/new husbands income into consideration?
It depends on where you live. My point is there is no income discrepancy when it comes to the kids. Their mom's house is nicer, bigger, and in a better area than ours is. It isnt like they go from our house to poverty.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:55 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:05 am In this job market, there is no excuse for him being unemployed. He needs to get off his butt and get to work.
"DH lost his job a few months back. ,,, He is actively looking for a job and has had several interviews and a few second interviews. He is over qualified for most of the jobs and people are seeming to have a problem with that. There are no jobs at the level he has been working at for years just below."

But there are jobs below the level he has been working at for years, so that excuse flies out the window.
Places do not want to hire people who are over qualified because they want more money and they are afraid he will leave the first chance he gets if it is a higher level job. This is common sense.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:50 am

BMs boyfriend has no obligation to the kids. His income isn’t a factor at all as far as the courts are concerned
You missed my point. DH talked to his lawyer and at this point if DH goes to court BM will end up paying him. He hasnt decided if he wants to do that or not.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:08 am

You missed my point. DH talked to his lawyer and at this point if DH goes to court BM will end up paying him. He hasnt decided if he wants to do that or not.
Then that’s what will happen
I never missed your point
I didn’t agree with you, that’s all.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Jskidmore1946
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:55 am

How does that excuse fly out the window when he is being told he is over qualified for the positons just below the level he was working at
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:08 am

Then that’s what will happen
I never missed your point
I didn’t agree with you, that’s all.
The reason CS is ordered when both have 50/50 is so that both houses are equal. That is the point of it so that the kids dont go from a nice house to living in poverty. So yes you did miss it. Not agreeing with facts is silly.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

You don't know the job market in her area to make that assumption
Locked Previous topicNext topic