Would your kids like this for Halloween?

CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That sounds like it would be a crumbled mess by the end of the night honestly. I'd just buy a small-medium bag of candy. If there's leftovers, I'm pretty sure there's at least one program that will accept it to send to our soldiers overseas.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:08 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:38 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:31 pm I would like to add that your house will become very unpopular extremely fast in future Halloweens if you do give out fortune cookies. I remember growing up, and my dad insisting we give out those mini boxes of raisins. We'd have tons of leftovers, and very few TOT'ers. Don't be that house.

Being "that" house would not be good for her children's reputation with their friends. No child wants their friends to think his parents are odd.
To be honest, I'm kind of in the ballpark of if a kid won't be friends with my kid because of what their parents hand out for halloween, my kids are better off without those friends anyway. I want them to have friends who like them for them, not for what they can give them. I'm not saying I'm solid on handing out the fortune cookies, if lots of kids don't like them, so be it, I'll find something else, but that isn't going to be something that plays into my decision.

I didn't say they wouldn't be your kids friends. I'm saying it's something kids will think odd because it is odd. Don't embarrass your kids needlessly.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t think I’d do that.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't start off my first Halloween in a new area with only fortune cookies. Now if you had candy and fortune cookies and allowed the kids to choose then you can appease the kids AND get a decent idea of how well the fortune cookies go over and adjust accordingly for next year.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Attachments
giphy.gif
Anonymous 13

Unread post

My kids would rate the fortune cookie right up there with the dentist down the street that gives out toothbrushes and floss
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Are they individually wrapped?
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Are they individually wrapped?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:06 pm Are they individually wrapped?
Yes
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:06 pm
iamanon wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:06 pm Are they individually wrapped?
Yes
Sounds like a perfect treat.
Locked Previous topicNext topic