Would your kids like this for Halloween?

Thunderbug75
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My son would love a fortune cookie. But he is very quirky and definitely not "normal".
Lustywench
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:27 pm
Lustywench wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:14 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:11 pm

We get them from the restaurant where my grandfather works, they aren't old leftovers. I don't know any kids who just throw the candy they don't want on the ground, if they do, I'd say that's on their parents, not me. My kids get plenty of candy they don't like, they just keep it until we get home, they don't throw it in the street.
Young kids and preteens will put the cookies in their TOT bag but if you hand those to teens, they will toss them on the ground and remember your house later when they come back with eggs, shaving cream and toilet paper Lena
And now you're pulling that out, which tells me that you are just trying to be unpleasant to me instead of giving an actual answer.
How am I being unpleasant? I was actually trying to give you a friendly warning of what may happen if you give out fortune cookies. But go ahead and give then out but be sure to update us with pic of your newly decorated house and yard, hahaha
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lustywench wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:42 pm
Lustywench wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Young kids and preteens will put the cookies in their TOT bag but if you hand those to teens, they will toss them on the ground and remember your house later when they come back with eggs, shaving cream and toilet paper Lena
And now you're pulling that out, which tells me that you are just trying to be unpleasant to me instead of giving an actual answer.
How am I being unpleasant? I was actually trying to give you a friendly warning of what may happen if you give out fortune cookies. But go ahead and give then out but be sure to update us with pic of your newly decorated house and yard, hahaha
Don't play stupid. Calling me by a name that you know isn't mine is so super friendly.
Lustywench
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Don't play stupid. Calling me by a name that you know isn't mine is so super friendly.
I really don't know that's not your name, people lie and troll all the time here and on cafemom
We all know you aren't playing stupid...............
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Lustywench wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:02 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:57 pm

I really don't know that's not your name, people lie and troll all the time here and on cafemom
We all know you aren't playing stupid...............
Because calling her a liar and a troll unprovoked is so friendly?
Anonymous 11

Unread post

As long as they are prepackaged why not
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would like to add that your house will become very unpopular extremely fast in future Halloweens if you do give out fortune cookies. I remember growing up, and my dad insisting we give out those mini boxes of raisins. We'd have tons of leftovers, and very few TOT'ers. Don't be that house.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Deleted User 638

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:31 pm I would like to add that your house will become very unpopular extremely fast in future Halloweens if you do give out fortune cookies. I remember growing up, and my dad insisting we give out those mini boxes of raisins. We'd have tons of leftovers, and very few TOT'ers. Don't be that house.

Being "that" house would not be good for her children's reputation with their friends. No child wants their friends to think his parents are odd.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Although my initial thought was that they might be a unique handout, I wouldn't hand them out. At our house, when we get Chinese take out and they give us fortune cookies, all of my kids throw them away.

I'd choose something else to hand out. Sorry. :(
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:38 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:31 pm I would like to add that your house will become very unpopular extremely fast in future Halloweens if you do give out fortune cookies. I remember growing up, and my dad insisting we give out those mini boxes of raisins. We'd have tons of leftovers, and very few TOT'ers. Don't be that house.

Being "that" house would not be good for her children's reputation with their friends. No child wants their friends to think his parents are odd.
To be honest, I'm kind of in the ballpark of if a kid won't be friends with my kid because of what their parents hand out for halloween, my kids are better off without those friends anyway. I want them to have friends who like them for them, not for what they can give them. I'm not saying I'm solid on handing out the fortune cookies, if lots of kids don't like them, so be it, I'll find something else, but that isn't going to be something that plays into my decision.
Locked Previous topicNext topic