GOP congressman drops support for Trump over "despicable" Syria move

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
YouKnowWho
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Rep. John Shimkus (R-Ill.) told St. Louis radio station KMOX on Thursday that he no longer supports President Trump in light of his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from northern Syria.

The big picture: Shimkus, who is not running for re-election in 2020, joins a number of Republican congressional leaders who have rebuked the president for the decision, which has left U.S.-allied Kurdish forces vulnerable to a military offensive by Turkey. No other Republican has gone as far as Shimkus in saying the decision would cause them to drop their support of Trump, however.

What he's saying: Shimkus said he told his staff "to take my name off the 'I support Donald Trump list'" and described the president's decision as "terrible and despicable," adding that he's "saddened for the Kurdish people."
https://www.axios.com/john-shimkus-trum ... Cd8N3tBobo
Deleted User 276

Unread post

I image there are quite a few Republicans in congress who are thinking that "President Pence" isn't such a horrible thought.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The only republicans brave enough to say the truth are the ones not trying to be re-elected
Locked Previous topicNext topic