Thoughts?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:23 pm I don't think you should say anything. I think it's the hosts responsibility to deal with that..

When I hosted parties at venues with drop off kids I made it a point to talk to the parent and let them know they needed to be back at the venue promptly at a certain time. I also included the same message on the invitations. parent were expected to be on time picking up drop offs.
I completely understand what you’re saying, but I know this kid. Should I just leave him there in a kind of bad neighborhood?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She dropped her child off and was late to the game picking him up. I am guessing by you taking him to the bathroom that he had to go but was too young to go by himself. I probably would have been grateful that you were looking out for my child and not just letting him wander around and fend for himself.

I don't see any reason you owe her an apology. You took him to the bathroom, which if he had to go he would have gone by himself. You didn't actually leave the premises with him. She should probably be thanking you.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:30 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:23 pm I don't think you should say anything. I think it's the hosts responsibility to deal with that..

When I hosted parties at venues with drop off kids I made it a point to talk to the parent and let them know they needed to be back at the venue promptly at a certain time. I also included the same message on the invitations. parent were expected to be on time picking up drop offs.
I completely understand what you’re saying, but I know this kid. Should I just leave him there in a kind of bad neighborhood?
I wouldn't leave a kid either. I just don't think you owe her an apology.. She should be thanking yo for taking care of her child.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Did the family hosting the party leave before he was picked up? It should have been their responsibility to wait with him.

I probably would have called his mom before taking him to the bathroom so she knew someone was watching him, and so that she wouldn't freak out if she arrived and couldn't find him.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

This child was 3/4 years old and the woman left the kid? I'd be calling child protective services on her on Monday. If she leaves her 3/4 year old child alone at a commercial party place, it alarms me to think of what other stupid stuff she does and if she leaves the child home alone. I'm guessing she does.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It was great that you watched out for the kid but taking him to your house if you couldn't get in touch with his parents can and will get you arrested for kidnapping.
I wouldnt say anything to the mom, its not your place to say anything to her. [
/color]
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:56 pm Today I took YDS to a birthday party at one of those places where they have trampolines, a ball pit, inflatables, etc. There were 30-40 kids at the party, and the girl is new to YDS’s preschool, so the parents of the birthday girl didn’t know all of the kids.

There was only one boy that was a drop off. I know him and have had him over for play dates, so I kept an eye on him.

When the party was over, I mulled about for 10 minutes waiting for someone to show up for the kid that was dropped off. When we didn’t see anyone, I took YDS to the bathroom with the drop off kid, and mom showed up at some point during that time.

I’m sure she was terrified, but her child was asking what was going to happen if no one picked him up. I told him that I was going to call his parents when we finished in the bathroom, and if I couldn’t get in touch with them I had an extra car seat in my trunk and he could come to our house until his parents could pick him up.

What, if anything, would you say to mom? To put it into perspective, the child had no idea if mom, dad, or nanny was picking him up. And there were two other birthday parties going on, so I didn’t feel like I should leave him alone.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:11 pm
7byher wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:07 pm "Sorry we were in the bathroom." How late was she?
We went to the bathroom 10-15 minutes after the party ended and everyone else left. My little one drank a juice box and cup of water, so I was definitely insisting he pee before the 30 minute drive home.
Why did the host leave when there were still guests there?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:58 pm
mojogirl wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:56 pm Today I took YDS to a birthday party at one of those places where they have trampolines, a ball pit, inflatables, etc. There were 30-40 kids at the party, and the girl is new to YDS’s preschool, so the parents of the birthday girl didn’t know all of the kids.

There was only one boy that was a drop off. I know him and have had him over for play dates, so I kept an eye on him.

When the party was over, I mulled about for 10 minutes waiting for someone to show up for the kid that was dropped off. When we didn’t see anyone, I took YDS to the bathroom with the drop off kid, and mom showed up at some point during that time.

I’m sure she was terrified, but her child was asking what was going to happen if no one picked him up. I told him that I was going to call his parents when we finished in the bathroom, and if I couldn’t get in touch with them I had an extra car seat in my trunk and he could come to our house until his parents could pick him up.

What, if anything, would you say to mom? To put it into perspective, the child had no idea if mom, dad, or nanny was picking him up. And there were two other birthday parties going on, so I didn’t feel like I should leave him alone.
You’re batshit crazy for quoting this and not responding.
Hahaha no she isn't this way the post can't poof when it doesn't go your way
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I wouldn't say anything to the mom, it's not your place to say anything.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Did the mom ask someone to be in charge of her child or just drop the preschooler off at the door and leave? No way would I stand around for ten minutes and then gone to use the bathroom before calling the mom and no way would I put someone else's young child into my car and taken them to my house without their parents knowledge and permission. I would have called the mom the minute the party was over and if I didn't get a response within 10 minutes, I would call the police and wait with the child there until they handled it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic