Guess the source

Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Without googling, guess the source of the following: Parody, Misquote, Bible, Koran, Book of Mormon, Other
If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, "Let us go and serve other gods," which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When you've made your guess, you can post your own paragraph from one of those 6 categories, for others to guess at.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No players yet. So, in the mean time, here's another one to guess:
For those who believe I was the atonement for sin, that I am the Passover Lamb that rose from the dead. I have the Power and Authority to save and forgive sin.
Those who believe in Me shall not die but have eternal life.
These are those who are on the journey of the straight and narrow path.
As for those who disbelieve- why do you disbelieve? Do you know that I wish for none to perish? Be not afraid, for I AM Gentle and Humble at heart. I can do all things! I AM who I AM.
Do you believe when I led Israel across the Red Sea when I parted it for them, that Pharaoh and his men finally believed in Me, the God of Israel!? That is how the Last Days will be, yes, sadly.
And if I wish for none to perish, do you say it is impossible for Me? For I tell you nothing is denied Me. Nothing is impossible for Me.
Why do you question in your hearts about the wicked? Why do you say they are wicked? Am I not the Just Judge?
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ok, a third one:
And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all thy strongholds;
And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thy land, and thou shalt have no more soothsayers;
Thy graven images I will also cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee, and thou shalt no more worship the works of thy hands;
And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee; so will I destroy thy cities.
And it shall come to pass that all lyings, and deceivings, and envyings, and strifes, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, shall be done away.
And I will execute vengeance and fury upon them, even as upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Koran

ETA- Quran
The first quote that is.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:23 am No players yet. So, in the mean time, here's another one to guess:
For those who believe I was the atonement for sin, that I am the Passover Lamb that rose from the dead. I have the Power and Authority to save and forgive sin.
Those who believe in Me shall not die but have eternal life.
These are those who are on the journey of the straight and narrow path.
As for those who disbelieve- why do you disbelieve? Do you know that I wish for none to perish? Be not afraid, for I AM Gentle and Humble at heart. I can do all things! I AM who I AM.
Do you believe when I led Israel across the Red Sea when I parted it for them, that Pharaoh and his men finally believed in Me, the God of Israel!? That is how the Last Days will be, yes, sadly.
And if I wish for none to perish, do you say it is impossible for Me? For I tell you nothing is denied Me. Nothing is impossible for Me.
Why do you question in your hearts about the wicked? Why do you say they are wicked? Am I not the Just Judge?
Bible. Isaiah maybe?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:20 pm Ok, a third one:
And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all thy strongholds;
And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thy land, and thou shalt have no more soothsayers;
Thy graven images I will also cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee, and thou shalt no more worship the works of thy hands;
And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee; so will I destroy thy cities.
And it shall come to pass that all lyings, and deceivings, and envyings, and strifes, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, shall be done away.
And I will execute vengeance and fury upon them, even as upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
Book of Mormon
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dylexsmommy - thanks for the guesses! At least one of the guesses is correct (but I won't say which, so others can have fun playing).

I look forward to the quote you post for people to guess at.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Here's mine
The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

And another.
When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path.
Locked Previous topicNext topic