#sandyhookpromise on twitter

Deleted User 1018

Unread post

It looked like a video clip for the latest action horror film. And if you think adding special effects to this video to show what a gunshot will do will work, think again. All one has to do to see blood and gore is view any R-rated movie or horror movie or the right video game and you will see those special effects. Don't need any of that in a PSA to deliver the message you want.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:09 pm https://twitter.com/hashtag/SandyHookPr ... htag_click

what are we doing to this generation of kids?
Well I'm not sure what direction this thread has taken, or even what your original intent was, but I'll just agree with Alyssa Milano's comment that we can't let this become the norm for our kids. There is no way in hell that kids should have to go to school ready for battle.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:51 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 pm Very powerful film. It would be better if they could get a Hollywood special effects team in there to show kids with their guts shot out, limbs torn from their bodies, showing exactly what happens to a body when those assault rifles riddle them with bullets and shred their limbs and insides.
What is wrong with you???
Nothing is wrong with her. If people want their "god given" right to have these weapons in their homes they need to know EXACTLY what they are capable of. When I took drivers training they showed us pictures of what happens to a body when it doesn't have a seatbelt on in an accident and what happens when two cars crash at high speeds. You bet your ass I make sure everyone in the car is wearing a seatbelt and don't put my life or anyone else's life in jeopardy driving like a lunatic. If you want to use a tool you need to know what it's capable of.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:17 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 pm Very powerful film. It would be better if they could get a Hollywood special effects team in there to show kids with their guts shot out, limbs torn from their bodies, showing exactly what happens to a body when those assault rifles riddle them with bullets and shred their limbs and insides.
Nothing is wrong with her. If people want their "god given" right to have these weapons in their homes they need to know EXACTLY what they are capable of. When I took drivers training they showed us pictures of what happens to a body when it doesn't have a seatbelt on in an accident and what happens when two cars crash at high speeds. You bet your ass I make sure everyone in the car is wearing a seatbelt and don't put my life or anyone else's life in jeopardy driving like a lunatic. If you want to use a tool you need to know what it's capable of.
I don't think anyone has a "god-given" right to own a gun, but -

Do you need to see images and video of someone's body cut up in order to cut meat with similar knives in your kitchen? I personally don't. Lots of things that can hurt me or other people that I use that I never watched a video of, yet I still use those items.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:26 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:58 pm

Not a thing. If people saw exactly what their beloved assault rifles, that they think is fun to shoot targets with, did to those little kids in Sandy Hook, we'd have an assault weapon ban law passed and signed tomorrow.
The bullets from these guns do no more damage than any other bullet. Your response is sick and not even relatively accurate.
Yes they do. They shred organs into chopped meat. Limbs are mutilated.

https://www.wired.com/2016/06/ar-15-can-human-body/
The bullet from an AR-15 does an entirely different kind of violence to the human body. It’s relatively small, but it leaves the muzzle at three times the speed of a handgun bullet. It has so much energy that it can disintegrate three inches of leg bone. “It would just turn it to dust,” says Donald Jenkins, a trauma surgeon at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. If it hits the liver, “the liver looks like a jello mold that’s been dropped on the floor.” And the exit wound can be a nasty, jagged hole the size of an orange.
Wounds From Military-Style Rifles? ‘A Ghastly Thing to See’
Trauma surgeons tell what it is really like to try to repair such devastating injuries. “Bones are exploded, soft tissue is absolutely destroyed,” one said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/heal ... -ar15.html

According to radiologist Heather Sher in a piece for The Atlantic, who treated several students injured in the recent shooting at a South Florida high school, a regular handgun leaves linear tracks through the victim’s body that are roughly the size of a bullet. The weapons are low velocity and often leave non-fatal wounds.
On the other hand, bullets from an AR-15 and weapons similar to it travel almost three times faster than those of a routine handgun. The shooter can cause more damage while being less accurate, and the wounds are often far more lethal.

AR-15 (or ArmaLite 15) rifles are technically designed for sporting use, as they are not fully automatic assault weapons. However, a semi-automatic action is designed for a series of fast, aimed shots on a battlefield.
“Rifle bullets are typically travelling faster than 2,000 feet per second. They’re supersonic,” he added.

Furthermore, while all rifle bullets have this capability, the ammunition used by the AR-15, a .223 Remington cartridge, travels at approximately 3,000 feet per second and causes a significant cavitation effect — where a bullet is travelling so fast that it sends shock waves through the body and severely damages or kills displaced tissue.

Somerset explains that people can die from bullets in one of two ways: when organs are directly hit as bullets pass through the body or through the cavitation effect.

“The cavitation effect from a handgun is typically not very severe. With rifles, the cavitation injuries can be very severe.” In addition, Somerset says that bullets from a .223 Remington “tend to tumble” through the body, which further worsens the cavitation effect.

Sher adds in her piece that she’s seen a handful of AR-15 wounds in her career, and said exit wounds from rifle bullets can reach the size of an orange.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4043345/ar-1 ... ifference/
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:33 pm

Do you need to see images and video of someone's body cut up in order to cut meat with similar knives in your kitchen? I personally don't. Lots of things that can hurt me or other people that I use that I never watched a video of, yet I still use those items.
The difference between the damage that a knife can do and what a gun or vehicle can do aren't really comparable. And since your country has done diddly squat to make sure no more children will ever have to hide in a closet because someone who shouldn't have a gun has one and is intent on killing them maybe a little visual shock value will help. Pictures of hundreds of children who will never grow up hasn't done anything in the last decade.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:34 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:33 pm

The difference between the damage that a knife can do and what a gun or vehicle can do aren't really comparable. And since your country has done diddly squat to make sure no more children will ever have to hide in a closet because someone who shouldn't have a gun has one and is intent on killing them maybe a little visual shock value will help. Pictures of hundreds of children who will never grow up hasn't done anything in the last decade.

I never said what country I'm in and I'm not talking about all of that anyway. I'm talking about your reasoning for suggesting people should have to view carnage and gore. A knife can most certainly create a lot of carnage and gore and death. People don't need to see that to comprehend it and use knives safely. I never saw what you're talking about as far as vehicles and I have driven my vehicle safely. Saying people should be required to see that stuff to own a car or a gun is horrible. Viewing violence and the results of violence can often even have the opposite of the effect you are wanting for people whose minds are already twisted enough to be capable of planning the execution of innocent people they don't even know.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:34 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:27 pm

Please read my response. You can make your point without doing what you just did.
Exactly what is wrong with my response. If people saw the carnage, those weapons would be banned. That's my point. Ya'll see them as fun toys when they're really weapons of death.
I don't know that I've seen anyone refer to a weapon as a "fun toy". Responsible people take weapons seriously.
I've seen it posted here that the AR-15 is fun to shoot at targets. That should not be a criterion to not reinstate the automatic weapons ban.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:10 am

Exactly what is wrong with my response. If people saw the carnage, those weapons would be banned. That's my point. Ya'll see them as fun toys when they're really weapons of death.
I don't know that I've seen anyone refer to a weapon as a "fun toy". Responsible people take weapons seriously.
I've seen it posted here that the AR-15 is fun to shoot at targets. That should not be a criterion to not reinstate the automatic weapons ban.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:10 am

Again, what is wrong with you those are people children that died in sandy hook without the help of your fucked up mental image of them passing away people could really do without....have a little F***ing decency and admit that was fucked up but Instead you just change the topic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic