Boarding school

Mom Talk is a group for moms to come for advice and should be looked at as a more supportive community than Mom Confessions. Those who aren’t here for drama but want to connect with other moms or have questions about parenting can hang out here.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I'm considering a boarding school that specializes in Autism therapy for my son. He has not been adapting well at all lately.

I've been doing a bunch of research and am starting to think this might be a good option.

Would you ever consider boarding school?
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My friend is looking at options for private school for children on the spectrum. There are a few in our state. The developmental pediatrician recommended this option when he’s ready for middle school.
If your son meets the age and other criteria, I would say try it. Go to the open house and talk to other parents who already have a child boarding there.
JulesFairy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I am scheduled to go tour one on Oct 14 for my rising 8th grader. She fell in love with the school last year when they came out to our middle school's high school night and can't get the idea out of her head so we are going to go look at it.
In the interest of full disclosure, she wouldn't actually be boarding there though. Since it's local to us she would actually be a "day student" not a full on boarding student.
The amenities it offers are still really cool though and I'm excited for her to tour and shadow.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My daughter attends a day school/boarding school. We live right down the street so she is registered in the day school. I love the school.

**sorry I didn’t realize I was in the Autism group**
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Boarding school, no. I couldn’t imagine my boys being raised and educated completely outside of the home. Private school that would facilitate his education and adaptation absolutely.
Locked Previous topicNext topic