Beto O'Rourke: 'Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

oh yes, the good old argument that your gun rights are more important than the lives of our children. To that I say f**k you and you deserve what is coming.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:50 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:41 pm
highlandmum wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:36 pm
I am in Canada you cannot purchase one of these guns legally. Be honest who questions you if you want to purchase one of these guns if you have a license?
Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives

A person cannot just buy or transfer one of these weapons.
Is the AR-15 not the most popular gun in America? How do so many people own these if there are so many questions? As I said I am a Canadian just trying to makes sense of this. Also if they are so hard to get why are so many opposed to making them restricted or prohibited
I don’t dispute there are not ways to tighten up the process, but a person cannot walk in and purchase an AR-15 without any questions- in some states it’s illegal period to buy. In others there are mandatory waiting periods - I think California and Hawaii have the longest waiting period. But all require a background check and that’s through the federal database after filling out between 2-5 pages of questions. You also cannot buy from a non licensed dealer.

So if you have never had an issue with the law, have up to date identification and always lived in one state, your background check could come back in like 10 minutes and then you pay and can walk out with one. They are super popular.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:53 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives

A person cannot just buy or transfer one of these weapons.
Is the AR-15 not the most popular gun in America? How do so many people own these if there are so many questions? As I said I am a Canadian just trying to makes sense of this. Also if they are so hard to get why are so many opposed to making them restricted or prohibited
Because the AR-15 is not an automatic weapon!! They are not that hard to get.
And it’s illegal to convert to an automatic weapon.

I don’t get why people feel the need to buy them, but I don’t shoot for a hobby.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:07 pm

I don’t get why people feel the need to buy them, but I don’t shoot for a hobby.
I think the people who don't know the first thing about a gun besides it shoots out a bullet don't know the difference between a semi-automatic and a fully automatic weapon. They don't know that a fully automatic weapon requires lots and lots of paperwork, permits, fees, etc. You simply cannot walk into a gun store and buy one today.

I'm so sick of the propaganda. I wish they would be truthful.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 pm

I think the people who don't know the first thing about a gun besides it shoots out a bullet don't know the difference between a semi-automatic and a fully automatic weapon. They don't know that a fully automatic weapon requires lots and lots of paperwork, permits, fees, etc. You simply cannot walk into a gun store and buy one today.

And it’s so easy to find the guidelines. Everything is online - except being able to purchase one online 😉
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnonXxdarkfoxx1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:01 pm oh yes, the good old argument that your gun rights are more important than the lives of our children. To that I say f**k you and you deserve what is coming.
Is this a threat?????????

Sure does sound like one to me.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:27 pm
29again wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 pm

And it’s so easy to find the guidelines. Everything is online - except being able to purchase one online 😉
Yep! And most everything they ever talk about regarding "common-sense" gun laws are already law! But we have a bunch of lawmakers who don't even know what laws are already on the books!!! And I'm supposed to think they are better at this? HA!
Expand your thinking

Try it.
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Of course not. And that’s never once been my argument, as it’s stupid as f**k. That said, the fewer of these weapons produced, the fewer are available in society.
jas wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm
WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:31 am Aurora, Colorado (June 2012)
Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut (December 2012)
San Bernardino, California (December 2015)
Vegas, (October 2017) (other guns were also used)
First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas (November 2017)
Parkland, Florida (February 2018)
El Paso, TX (August, 2019)
Dayton, Ohio (August 2019)

ARs were used in the most deadly shootings in our country. Without these high powered, high magazine capable rifles, a whole lot more people would likely be alive today.
People like you want to make it as easy as possible to commit mass murder. Vile.

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:04 am

You are not really going to convince me that they're horrible. #'s show they are barely used 1/4 of the time in crimes or mass shootings.

When people were injured with semiautomatic firearms as compared with other types of guns, however, it appeared the proportion of people who eventually died was roughly equal—leading to fatalities around 44 percent of the time regardless of weapon used.

Trust me if someone is out to kill a huge # of people they are going to find a way no matter what. I was raised around Police and Military my entire life. The avg. person owning these weapons is not typically the problem,
Do you think for 1 second that if they ban them tomorrow they're going to disappear? They're here and they're not going anywhere. Legally or illegally.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:01 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 am Well that certainly will be a candidate I won't be voting for and I am not even a gun owner.
Please tell me this - why does any member of the general public need one of these guns. These guns sole purpose is to kill someone, they are military grade weapons. It blows my mind that a member of the general public can purchase one of these guns without any questions asked. They are NOT for protection, they are NOT for hunting - there is no reason to own them.
I agree!
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 am
WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 am Duh. I’m asking why.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:12 am

Obviously I don't agree with taking the guns away. I think that was pretty clear.
There is simply no reason too. It is their right to own them or not. I choose not to be a gun owner and that is my right but to dictate what guns are okay and which are not is plain stupid. All guns kill the type of gun really doesn't matter.

Honestly, I see it as a smoke screen to get elected and nothing more.
There are millions who agree with him
And we are not trying to get elected!
Locked Previous topicNext topic