Beto O'Rourke: 'Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good luck
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:31 am Aurora, Colorado (June 2012)
Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut (December 2012)
San Bernardino, California (December 2015)
Vegas, (October 2017) (other guns were also used)
First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas (November 2017)
Parkland, Florida (February 2018)
El Paso, TX (August, 2019)
Dayton, Ohio (August 2019)

ARs were used in the most deadly shootings in our country. Without these high powered, high magazine capable rifles, a whole lot more people would likely be alive today.
People like you want to make it as easy as possible to commit mass murder. Vile.

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:04 am
WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:30 am But all guns don’t kill people with rapid ease.

Weapons like ARs can easily accommodate 100 round magazines. You can kill a 100 people in as long as it takes you to pull the trigger 100 times. Revolvers typically hold 6 before needing to be reloaded. 100 vs. 6.

You are not really going to convince me that they're horrible. #'s show they are barely used 1/4 of the time in crimes or mass shootings.

When people were injured with semiautomatic firearms as compared with other types of guns, however, it appeared the proportion of people who eventually died was roughly equal—leading to fatalities around 44 percent of the time regardless of weapon used.

Trust me if someone is out to kill a huge # of people they are going to find a way no matter what. I was raised around Police and Military my entire life. The avg. person owning these weapons is not typically the problem,
Do you think for 1 second that if they ban them tomorrow they're going to disappear? They're here and they're not going anywhere. Legally or illegally.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:39 am That's kinda laughable if he thinks he's going to get them all...like a Pokemon. lmao.
Gotta catch them all
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:01 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 am Well that certainly will be a candidate I won't be voting for and I am not even a gun owner.
Please tell me this - why does any member of the general public need one of these guns. These guns sole purpose is to kill someone, they are military grade weapons. It blows my mind that a member of the general public can purchase one of these guns without any questions asked. They are NOT for protection, they are NOT for hunting - there is no reason to own them.
Where in the US can someone buy an automatic assault weapon “without any questions asked”?
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:27 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 am Well that certainly will be a candidate I won't be voting for and I am not even a gun owner.
Please tell me this - why does any member of the general public need one of these guns. These guns sole purpose is to kill someone, they are military grade weapons. It blows my mind that a member of the general public can purchase one of these guns without any questions asked. They are NOT for protection, they are NOT for hunting - there is no reason to own them.
Where in the US can someone buy an automatic assault weapon “without any questions asked”?
I am in Canada you cannot purchase one of these guns legally. Be honest who questions you if you want to purchase one of these guns if you have a license?
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:36 pm

I am in Canada you cannot purchase one of these guns legally. Be honest who questions you if you want to purchase one of these guns if you have a license?
Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives

A person cannot just buy or transfer one of these weapons.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, let me guess this one, please?
Is the answer "online"??? Huh, is it, knot? Did I guess right?
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Is the AR-15 not the most popular gun in America? How do so many people own these if there are so many questions? As I said I am a Canadian just trying to makes sense of this. Also if they are so hard to get why are so many opposed to making them restricted or prohibited
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:50 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Is the AR-15 not the most popular gun in America? How do so many people own these if there are so many questions? As I said I am a Canadian just trying to makes sense of this. Also if they are so hard to get why are so many opposed to making them restricted or prohibited
Because the AR-15 is not an automatic weapon!! They are not that hard to get.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:11 am
Let's say you were into boats. Why buy a yacht with all the bells and whistles when a simple john boat with a little motor is just as good. They both put you on the water, right?
Change boat to whatever it is you collect. Same principle.
And the left would follow that with -- Why do you even need a boat when a raft will do? Or heck, even an inner tube would work well enough.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic