Why are so many millennials lazy and entitled?

QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm Old school values are the best. Most millennials don’t have them. They are too busy living at home until
They are 30 and more interested in the latest I phone then buying a house. The generation gap is not good. I bought my first home at 24 now many 24 yr olds still love at home

Go on a date with a millennial and you will probably pay for your own meal.

I was always under the impression when you start a job you busy your ass the first 90 days to prove yourself.

Not anymore.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm The Millennials are no different than any other generation. I'm a Baby Boomer who can remember the WW2 generation saying the same things about my generation..
Many 24 yos live at home because they have up to 100,000 in financial aid debt. This generation doesnt have it as well as previous generations. 30 years ago I didnt have half the financial issues that abundant today.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:56 pm
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm Old school values are the best. Most millennials don’t have them. They are too busy living at home until
They are 30 and more interested in the latest I phone then buying a house. The generation gap is not good. I bought my first home at 24 now many 24 yr olds still love at home

I was always under the impression when you start a job you busy your ass the first 90 days to prove yourself.

Not anymore.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm The Millennials are no different than any other generation. I'm a Baby Boomer who can remember the WW2 generation saying the same things about my generation..
Many 24 yos live at home because they have up to 100,000 in financial aid debt. This generation doesnt have it as well as previous generations. 30 years ago I didnt have half the financial issues that abundant today.
I was thinking thinking the same thing. I purchased my house when in was 24 at $134,000. A house in my neighbourhood with the same floor plan but unfinished basement just sold for $575,000 just 15 years later. It is no wonder 24 year olds live at home
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

First, millennials are the generation born from 81 to 96. The youngest millennials are late 23, so your 22 year old co-worker is not a millennial. Second, statistics show that millennials are actually harder working that previous generations. Why are you spending so much time worrying about what your co-workers are doing instead of focusing on your job?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I don't know one 24 year old that is $100,000. in debt. Just about every 24 year old that I know had their college paid for by their parents.

Not anymore.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 pm I don't know one 24 year old that is $100,000. in debt. Just about everyone that I know with 24 year olds had their college paid for by their parents.

Not anymore.

Its not the college graduates that are still living at home as adults that I know either. And that includes my own siblings. The one who didn't go to college is the one who struggled to be on her own.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:55 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:30 pm I work with a few young kids. One is horrible and a few are great.
I have four coworkers over 50, the rest of us (20 people) are Millenials. The three worst people on the unit aren’t Millenials. Lol
No one between the ages of, say 33 and 50? That’s a fluke.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:25 pm

Not anymore.

I was thinking thinking the same thing. I purchased my house when in was 24 at $134,000. A house in my neighbourhood with the same floor plan but unfinished basement just sold for $575,000 just 15 years later. It is no wonder 24 year olds live at home
I will see if I can dig up an article I just read about millennials and the wage gap. Wages have not increased with the cost of living so most millenials (and Gen Xers) make the same as their parents did but COL has increased dramatically over that time so they are not living as well as they should be. A big part of that was housing, utilities and food costs.
Also attributed to that was the "college push" and how many of the degrees offered do not lead to gainful employment. Technical jobs are lacking experienced workers because Gen X and millennials were taught that college was the only way to make it in life. Then employers started requiring more advanced degrees for positions that previously required no degree or an AA which led to more college but not more in wages and more debt and the cycle continued.
From personal experience (and as a Gen Xer), I make more as a paraeducator than I did using my Master's degree in Public Administration.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:44 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 pm I don't know one 24 year old that is $100,000. in debt. Just about everyone that I know with 24 year olds had their college paid for by their parents.

Its not the college graduates that are still living at home as adults that I know either. And that includes my own siblings. The one who didn't go to college is the one who struggled to be on her own.
Actually it is. The number of college graduates living at home is the highest its ever been in a century. Its like 30 percent mostly due to huge education debt,exhorbiant rents,poor wages and shitty healthcare system. Today's graduates are graduating into a freaking mess. We had it much,much better. Ifts no wonder so many people are putting off having children sooo much later in life and flat out refusing to have children. Most Americans have been living paycheck to paycheck for far too long and are still.doing. Thats not going to change for the considerable future.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:55 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:30 pm I work with a few young kids. One is horrible and a few are great.
I have four coworkers over 50, the rest of us (20 people) are Millenials. The three worst people on the unit aren’t Millenials. Lol
No one between the ages of, say 33 and 50? That’s a fluke.
The oldest Millenials are turning 38, not 33. We have a little group of people who are turning 38 this year, but no one in their 40s, no. Well, except the manager.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 pm I don't know one 24 year old that is $100,000. in debt. Just about every 24 year old that I know had their college paid for by their parents.

Not anymore.

You are right the parents did pay for it. By taking out education loans
Screenshot_20190913-220757_Chrome.jpg
Locked Previous topicNext topic