Why are so many millennials lazy and entitled?

Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We are growing like crazy at work and have been on A Massive hiring spree. I get that I am at the age where I’m a lot older than my coworkers but they are hiring kids.

They won’t hire my friend who already works there in another dept but they hire these brats off the street.

We had 4 new people start Monday including a friend of mine ( older guy). One guy was cocky, in his 20’s, fit, excercises at his cubicle. He was being trained, listening on calls, not taking any notes. He calls in yesterday. Red flag. Quit today. Anyone who calls in on day 4 of a new job should be fired.

The guy that sits next to me is 22, I never hear him on the phone, and he’s already been talked too one about something not sure what. He should be asking me a ton of questions and needing help. Yesterday as I was pulling into work I saw him pulling out. He clocks in then leaves to get breakfast. Not allowed. You may get away with that if you’ve been there 5 years but not 3 weeks. He also is playing chess on his computer with a couple other new hires. Really ? I suspect he’s on his way out too. According to his manager his daily activity and call logs are low. Gee ya think ?

Waiting for a couple more of these young grease balls that they hired to drop off so maybe they will rethink the age of these new hires.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Learned it from generation x
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 pm Learned it from generation x
LOL!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I work with a few young kids. One is horrible and a few are great.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I had an intern who played on his phone while I was trying to show him how to do stuff on my computer. And slept when he was seated at his desk with his own tasks.

Another person we hired made up stuff on his resume to get a better paying job a year later with another company. Didn't think that was wrong at all.

Currently have a new guy who says its hard for him to do anything before 11 am because he's used to sleeping until then. Ummm ... what?

These are all people with college degrees, or headed into their senior year for the intern.

Thankfully there are some bright ones too.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm technically a millennial, on the older end. I think we are just looking for a different kind of work environment. More flexibility, better work/life balance. But some are just lazy.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The Millennials are no different than any other generation. I'm a Baby Boomer who can remember the WW2 generation saying the same things about my generation..
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 pm Learned it from generation x
Really because Im generation X.....My oldest is and his wife are millienials Not lazy and strong work ethics...Are you a boomer or something
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm The Millennials are no different than any other generation. There's good and bad in every one.
Exactly
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm The Millennials are no different than any other generation. I'm a Baby Boomer who can remember the WW2 generation saying the same things about my generation..
That’s right!
Locked Previous topicNext topic