Beto O'Rourke: 'Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:10 am Semantics. You had a strong reaction. Could you please explain why?
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 am
WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:04 am What about that offends you so much?

Did I say I was offended? I am not offended but it does not align with what I would want in a President.
Obviously I don't agree with taking the guns away. I think that was pretty clear.
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Duh. I’m asking why.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:12 am
WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:10 am Semantics. You had a strong reaction. Could you please explain why?
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 am

Did I say I was offended? I am not offended but it does not align with what I would want in a President.
Obviously I don't agree with taking the guns away. I think that was pretty clear.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 am Duh. I’m asking why.

There is simply no reason too. It is their right to own them or not. I choose not to be a gun owner and that is my right but to dictate what guns are okay and which are not is plain stupid. All guns kill the type of gun really doesn't matter.

Honestly, I see it as a smoke screen to get elected and nothing more.
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

But all guns don’t kill people with rapid ease.

Weapons like ARs can easily accommodate 100 round magazines. You can kill a 100 people in as long as it takes you to pull the trigger 100 times. Revolvers typically hold 6 before needing to be reloaded. 100 vs. 6.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 am

There is simply no reason too. It is their right to own them or not. I choose not to be a gun owner and that is my right but to dictate what guns are okay and which are not is plain stupid. All guns kill the type of gun really doesn't matter.

Deleted User 276

Unread post

86% of Democrats support an assault weapons ban. 55% of Republicans support an assault weapons ban. Beto's statement played well. Rep. Cain's response tweet didn't play so well. It was deleted by Twitter but kind of proved O'Rourke's point.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:30 am But all guns don’t kill people with rapid ease.

Weapons like ARs can easily accommodate 100 round magazines. You can kill a 100 people in as long as it takes you to pull the trigger 100 times. Revolvers typically hold 6 before needing to be reloaded. 100 vs. 6.

You are not really going to convince me that they're horrible. #'s show they are barely used 1/4 of the time in crimes or mass shootings.

When people were injured with semiautomatic firearms as compared with other types of guns, however, it appeared the proportion of people who eventually died was roughly equal—leading to fatalities around 44 percent of the time regardless of weapon used.

Trust me if someone is out to kill a huge # of people they are going to find a way no matter what. I was raised around Police and Military my entire life. The avg. person owning these weapons is not typically the problem,
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:04 am
WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:30 am But all guns don’t kill people with rapid ease.

You are not really going to convince me that they're horrible. #'s show they are barely used 1/4 of the time in crimes or mass shootings.

When people were injured with semiautomatic firearms as compared with other types of guns, however, it appeared the proportion of people who eventually died was roughly equal—leading to fatalities around 44 percent of the time regardless of weapon used.

Trust me if someone is out to kill a huge # of people they are going to find a way no matter what. I was raised around Police and Military my entire life. The avg. person owning these weapons is not typically the problem,
This is exactly my bone of contention with this ban argument. Bombs, cars through a crowd, set fire to a building packed with people. There are many ways to cause mass casualties and chaos. What we need to figure out is the root cause of WHY this happens and address that, not take away inanimate objects. That's not going to curb these types of acts.

Plus, I'm going to go out in a limb here and guess that maybe the criminals might not obey the laws and turn in their guns like good boys? Just a hunch on my part.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Aurora, Colorado (June 2012)
Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut (December 2012)
San Bernardino, California (December 2015)
Vegas, (October 2017) (other guns were also used)
First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas (November 2017)
Parkland, Florida (February 2018)
El Paso, TX (August, 2019)
Dayton, Ohio (August 2019)

ARs were used in the most deadly shootings in our country. Without these high powered, high magazine capable rifles, a whole lot more people would likely be alive today.
People like you want to make it as easy as possible to commit mass murder. Vile.

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:04 am

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

And one is a rifle, the other a handgun. There are semi-automatic handguns. Are you in favor of getting rid of those?

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I’d like to get rid of all fully and semiautomatic weapons.
DSamuels wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:32 am And one is a rifle, the other a handgun. There are semi-automatic handguns. Are you in favor of getting rid of those?

Locked Previous topicNext topic