Beto O'Rourke: 'Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

(CNN)Presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke reiterated his support for a mandatory gun-buyback program of assault-style rifles on Thursday and said, "Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47."
"We're not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore," the former Texas congressman said during the third Democratic presidential debate, hosted by ABC News.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/12/politics ... index.html
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

♥️♥️♥️
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's kinda laughable if he thinks he's going to get them all...like a Pokemon. lmao.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Well that certainly will be a candidate I won't be voting for and I am not even a gun owner.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 am Well that certainly will be a candidate I won't be voting for and I am not even a gun owner.
Please tell me this - why does any member of the general public need one of these guns. These guns sole purpose is to kill someone, they are military grade weapons. It blows my mind that a member of the general public can purchase one of these guns without any questions asked. They are NOT for protection, they are NOT for hunting - there is no reason to own them.
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

What about that offends you so much?
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 am Well that certainly will be a candidate I won't be voting for and I am not even a gun owner.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:01 am
Please tell me this - why does any member of the general public need one of these guns. These guns sole purpose is to kill someone, they are military grade weapons. It blows my mind that a member of the general public can purchase one of these guns without any questions asked. They are NOT for protection, they are NOT for hunting - there is no reason to own them.
You are a bit misinformed they are for hunting and can be used for protection or just for fun. Several people I know own them and go out shooting every weekend. They are not violent actually the exact opposite. Most I find keep the peace and try and protect that.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:04 am What about that offends you so much?
Did I say I was offended? I am not offended but it does not align with what I would want in a President.
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Semantics. You had a strong reaction. Could you please explain why?
Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 am
WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:04 am What about that offends you so much?
Did I say I was offended? I am not offended but it does not align with what I would want in a President.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:01 am
Let's say you were into boats. Why buy a yacht with all the bells and whistles when a simple john boat with a little motor is just as good. They both put you on the water, right?
Change boat to whatever it is you collect. Same principle.
Locked Previous topicNext topic