Wasn't married spinoff

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The other post reminded me of a friend I have. She had a huge wedding, all the bells and whistles. Years later, pregnant, she posted an ultrasound that had her maiden name. Someone asked about it and she admitted they weren't legally married. They couldn't afford to be or else she would have lost her SSI. It was a celebration of their commitment and that was all that mattered to her but a few people felt like it was still wrong. Thoughts?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My bil did something similar. Had a huge ceremony. When they spit up everyone was talking about a divorce and he said no need it wasn't real.

She had kids by her ex. In the custody paperwork it stated only a spouse could live in the home with the kids. So they faked a wedding so he wouldn't he wouldn't take it to court.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I don't see the problem. Not everyone cares about a random piece of paper
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:32 am I don't see the problem. Not everyone cares about a random piece of paper
I don’t care about whether someone is married or not, but it’s a bit shady in this case, don’t you think? Making your financial/living/family situation look different on paper than it is in reality in order to qualify for aid of some sort is kind of shitty.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wouldn't matter to me. The wedding is to symbolize the commitment, which they made. That commitment is still there, even if they didn't get the legal piece of paper.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yup I know a few and it doesn't bother me.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:45 am Yup I know a few and it doesn't bother me.
You know a lot of people who skirt SSI rules? SHOCKING!
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Well I know a few people whose done this without the big wedding. I get that she admitted it but some people keep their maiden names after marriage too.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My thought is.... Others need to mind their own business and worry about their own relationship.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t care.
Locked Previous topicNext topic