Dd got pink eye from day 9 of school! Pissed off!!!!!! Wwyd?

Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

What is swallen sp?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous2.0 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:34 pm What is swallen sp?
They don't know how to spell swollen
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:50 pm School started last Thursday. My DD woke up yesterday with her eyelid swallen sp? And red spots around her eye. Of course I called my dh and said said DD needed to go to urgent care NOW! My dh took his sweet time getting home and insisted we go to this new urgent care in town.

So we went there and the freaking nurse looking driver and sighed and said the only thing I can think of what she has is shingles!!!!!!! I looked at the nurse and she has had the chicken pox vaccine and never had the chicken pox so how is that possible?

The nurse said huh? And came up with the excuse that it is pink eye and the eye lid is swallen sp? from her rubbing it in her sleep and the spot are bug bites. The nurse said she won't be contagious after taking the eye drops for 24 hours.

I am not sure what to do about tomorrow. Her eyelid is still swallen sp? Do I take her to her doctor since the stupid nurse tried to diagnose her with shingles even though she has never had chicken pox and has the vaccine and doesn't even show any symptoms of freaking shingles!? Do I send her to school since she isn't contagious anymore even with her eye swallen sp? if I send her to school do inform the teacher that pink eye is being spread around the classroom and she needs to bust out the clorex early since patient zero is still contagious ( not my kid. The kid that infected mine.) I still have to put drops in her eyes 4 times a day.

What I am really pissed about is someone sent their kid to school with pink eye to infect all the other kids because they are too freaking selfish to care about anyone but themselves. This happened last year with the flu. One kid got the flu and his parents send the kid back to school every day still sick just for the kid to throw up and get sent back home. That is how my DD and 3/4th of my DD class got the flu. FYI the got their flu shot in November and got the flu in February. My DD was out of school for a week with the flu and missed parents day because of those selfish self centered so called parents. I am tempted to talk to the school about cracking down on parents sending sick kids to school!

I really don't know about tomorrow. Wwyd?
Swollen.
She could have caught pink eye from a kid during the summer too just by playing with kids .
Don’t blame school.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:32 pm Pink eye is contagious before it is even showing in someone's eye. You should think about homeschooling if you are going to freak out over things like this.
I don’t think home schooling would be a good idea.
She can’t spell “ swollen” or correctly construct a sentence completely with a subject and a verb, adjectives, adverbs , correct grammar ,for example.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

You have to have chicken pox to get Shingles.
The vaccine is not involved at all.
Chicken pox is.
It’s the only way you’ll get shingles.

https://www.webmd.com/children/vaccines ... study-says
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:04 pm They can get shingles even though they have had the chicken pox vaccine. It enters a weakened live virus of chicken pox and only prevents shingles in 50% of those that receive it.

She could have picked up pink eye anywhere you do not know that it was definitely from school. Yes, you send her to school with the dtr's note and let them know she has been on medicine for 24hrs.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pink eye sucks, but it's easily treatable.
Anonymous 14

Unread post

You can get shingles after having the varicella vaccine. It happened to my eldest, he never had chicken pox, but had the vaccine and got shingles at age nine.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Anonymous 14 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:32 pm You can get shingles after having the varicella vaccine. It happened to my eldest, he never had chicken pox, but had the vaccine and got shingles at age nine.
No you can’t
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

1. If you have to use "sp" after the same word that many times, just use spell check.

2. If it's pink eye it doesn't automatically mean she got it from someone else. Maybe she didn't wash real well after wiping her bottom, and then rubbed her eye at some point. It could be her own doing and therefore your anger is completely misplaced.

3. Anytime my kids have something going on with their eye I try to get in to see their eye doctor first. They are going to be much better at properly diagnosing an eye problem such as pink eye, rather than some nurse at an Urgent Care. I've never had issues getting into my eye doctor same day for something urgent like that.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:50 pm You have to have chicken pox to get Shingles.
The vaccine is not involved at all.
Chicken pox is.
It’s the only way you’ll get shingles.

https://www.webmd.com/children/vaccines ... study-says
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:04 pm They can get shingles even though they have had the chicken pox vaccine. It enters a weakened live virus of chicken pox and only prevents shingles in 50% of those that receive it.

She could have picked up pink eye anywhere you do not know that it was definitely from school. Yes, you send her to school with the dtr's note and let them know she has been on medicine for 24hrs.
That is false information. It is more rare than someone who doesn't have the vaccine but it is still possible.

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and ... gles-too#1

Your article is from 2013, mine is from 2019. And your actually doesn't even say what you are claiming. lol.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Locked Previous topicNext topic