Old days on cafemom on the topic of abortion.

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:34 pm Someone earlier said something like until the very second that the fetus is removed from the woman's body it is a parasite and it's the host's choice to do with that parasite what she wants.

Yeah...but imagine if these 2 preemie parasites had been nixed rather than delivered:

Albert Einstein
Charles Darwin

I'm thinking that these last minute abortions are few and far between. But I surely hope I'm right.
Yup that was me. There is no point in imagining "What if" because it didn't happen and certainly you can't place the stipulation on today's expecting mother's on "What if they parasite they abort would have cured cancer", or whatever other ridiculous stipulation you imagine" because for every "What if" you give there is an equally bad one such as what if she would have given birth to the next Jeffery Dahmer or Ted Bundy or Adolf Hitler. So please deal in reality and not fantasy and leave the "What ifs" for discussions on the multi-verse and paradox theories and out of the abortion debate.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Very true. Good point.

I hear what you're saying. Keeping it real----No fake scenarios---I see a fetus that is 1 second away from delivery as a baby, not as a parasite.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:20 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:34 pm Someone earlier said something like until the very second that the fetus is removed from the woman's body it is a parasite and it's the host's choice to do with that parasite what she wants.

Yeah...but imagine if these 2 preemie parasites had been nixed rather than delivered:

Albert Einstein
Charles Darwin

I'm thinking that these last minute abortions are few and far between. But I surely hope I'm right.
Yup that was me. There is no point in imagining "What if" because it didn't happen and certainly you can't place the stipulation on today's expecting mother's on "What if they parasite they abort would have cured cancer", or whatever other ridiculous stipulation you imagine" because for every "What if" you give there is an equally bad one such as what if she would have given birth to the next Jeffery Dahmer or Ted Bundy or Adolf Hitler. So please deal in reality and not fantasy and leave the "What ifs" for discussions on the multi-verse and paradox theories and out of the abortion debate.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:33 pm Very true. Good point.

I hear what you're saying. Keeping it real----No fake scenarios---I see a fetus that is 1 second away from delivery as a baby, not as a parasite.

Albert Einstein
Charles Darwin

But unless it's your fetus it isn't your choice as it does not affect you or your body. Realistically though a Dr. would never abort a fetus that late term. What they do is deliver a non viable fetus and remove it from the mother's body before degradation can produce complications such as infection in the woman's body.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:42 pm

But unless it's your fetus it isn't your choice as it does not affect you or your body. Realistically though a Dr. would never abort a fetus that late term. What they do is deliver a non viable fetus and remove it from the mother's body before degradation can produce complications such as infection in the woman's body.
This^^^
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I was just saying that I see a fetus that's 1 second away from delivery as a baby.

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:42 pm

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What are you going on about?
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 am
Anonymous 13 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:35 pm Except it’s not semantics at all. Words have meaning. Abortion, while distasteful, is not murder.

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:01 pm

Semantics.

I suppose then that since abortion isn't illegal I could murder someone and call it retroactive abortion and nobody would bat an eye since abortion isn't illegal.
Except that wouldn’t make sense. You don’t make the laws and you can’t alter the definition of abortion
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ahhhh...

The good old days of CM are back.

Skip for President!
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't recall that ever being a topic on CM.

I'm prolife. That's all I will say about that.

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Albert Einstein
Charles Darwin

Exactly. And there is something more important to consider than the "what-if's". I was watching a documentary about the Earth last night and what could destroy it. The #1 thing that humans are doing that could lead to the destruction of the Earth, or at least the destruction of human existence on Earth, is overpopulation. The whole "what if this pregnancy is the next Albert Einstein" is just fantasy that has an extremely slim chance of being reality. But the concept that "if this pregnancy is brought to birth it will add to the overpopulation" is a very real concept. Overpopulation is a huge problem and we don't need unwanted pregnancies adding to it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic