*Topic Locked* Jewish-Americans unhappy with Trump’s message

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:16 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:11 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 pm

How is it unfair or manipulative to say that people who support or plan to vote for Trump either agree with his bigoted statements, or are happy to ignore and tolerate it, which is no better because it simply enables it?
It’s manipulative because every damn thing is racist now days. You can be called racist for anything. The left have especially used racism accusations as a tool. That IS manipulative. The left have seen certain things to be racist that perhaps other people have not. The left demands that you see it as racist or you are condoning racism and are racist. Look through the comments. It was very clearly said that if you vote/support Trump you are racist. I rest my case. Now move on and agree to disagree like a good little girl.
Trump said an American judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair to him because “he’s a Mexican”. What is that if not outright bigotry based on his ethnic background? How can it be seen as anything else?

So, with the understanding he’s been outright bigoted over and over, how is it unfair or manipulative to say people must either agree to be willing to tolerate and enable it if they vote for him?

No thanks, I’ll post whatever I want on a board literally meant for discussing opinions! You can deal with that, like a good little girl.
I’m not a good little girl. I’m a bad little girl. And apparently so are you! 😂
What is the content in this comment of Trump saying the judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair? Was it in a situation the judge could have been biased in?
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:37 pm

It’s manipulative because every damn thing is racist now days. You can be called racist for anything. The left have especially used racism accusations as a tool. That IS manipulative. The left have seen certain things to be racist that perhaps other people have not. The left demands that you see it as racist or you are condoning racism and are racist. Look through the comments. It was very clearly said that if you vote/support Trump you are racist. I rest my case. Now move on and agree to disagree like a good little girl.
Trump said an American judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair to him because “he’s a Mexican”. What is that if not outright bigotry based on his ethnic background? How can it be seen as anything else?

So, with the understanding he’s been outright bigoted over and over, how is it unfair or manipulative to say people must either agree to be willing to tolerate and enable it if they vote for him?

No thanks, I’ll post whatever I want on a board literally meant for discussing opinions! You can deal with that, like a good little girl.
What is the content in this comment of Trump saying the judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair? Was it in a situation the judge could have been biased in?
It was during the Trump University fraud case. Trump felt the judge was ruling against him unfairly (without elaborating how, specifically), and said he felt it was because “he’s a Mexican”, despite the judge being born in Indiana.

How is it not the textbook definition of bigotry to say that someone can’t do their job properly because of their ethnicity?
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 pm

How is it unfair or manipulative to say that people who support or plan to vote for Trump either agree with his bigoted statements, or are happy to ignore and tolerate it, which is no better because it simply enables it?

👍🏻👏
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:42 pm

It was during the Trump University fraud case. Trump felt the judge was ruling against him unfairly (without elaborating how, specifically), and said he felt it was because “he’s a Mexican”, despite the judge being born in Indiana.

How is it not the textbook definition of bigotry to say that someone can’t do their job properly because of their ethnicity?
Ahh, just as I suspected. He was worried of him being biased.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:33 pm

And? How is it not the textbook definition of bigotry to say that someone can’t do their job - part of which is remaining fair even if you don’t like the actions/personality/politics of one of the parties, in the case of a judge - properly because of their ethnicity?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:42 pm

And? How is it not the textbook definition of bigotry to say that someone can’t do their job - part of which is remaining fair even if you don’t like the actions/personality/politics of one of the parties, in the case of a judge - properly because of their ethnicity?
Did he say the judge couldn’t “ do his job” because he is Mexican? Or that he felt he may be biased against him? Because I read he was worried he would be biased.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why assume that his ethnicity would make him biased? Which in this case, means not doing his job, because his job includes nit letting his personal feelings interfere with his rulings. So if he said that this judge was letting an imaginary bias get in the way of doing his job because of his ethnicity, then he is saying he couldn’t do his job.
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Did he say the judge couldn’t “ do his job” because he is Mexican? Or that he felt he may be biased against him? Because I read he was worried he would be biased.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

To do their job, a judge has to be fair regardless of their opinion of the actions/crimes, personality, politics or whatever else of any of the parties. Saying he can’t be fair to someone because “he’s a Mexican” is saying he can’t do his job.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Trump said Mexicans are criminals and rapists while he was campaigning so it appears he didn’t think a Mexican judge would be smart enough or honest enough do his job properly!
That was evidence that Trump is a bigot
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 pm

To do their job, a judge has to be fair regardless of their opinion of the actions/crimes, personality, politics or whatever else of any of the parties. Saying he can’t be fair to someone because “he’s a Mexican” is saying he can’t do his job.
You lefties sure like to put words in people’s mouths.
Let’s look at this from a different angle. Let’s say a blue collar black man is on trial for murder of a rich white man. As his defense lawyer you have to help pick the jury. Who would you try best to get on the jury? A bunch of white collar rich men who would relate with the victim or blue collar black men who would relate to the accused? Everyone has some bias. When it comes to judges and jury you are going to hope for someone who may not have bias against you.
This example of how you have pretty much put words in Trumps mouth to make him racist to fit your agenda is exactly why I am skeptical of many things said about Trump. And it is exactly why I will not make my voting decision based on what a bunch of hate filled people say I should think. I’m not a puppet like many people. Besides, my decision on who to vote for will be for the one who can help this country best and not directly affect my life for the bad. All the democrats want Medicare for all and that’s going to affect everyone. It’s something I will not vote for. So even if I liked one of the Democrat choices I wouldn’t vote for them for that reason alone. They have gone WAY to far left for my liking!
Locked Previous topicNext topic