*Topic Locked* Jewish-Americans unhappy with Trump’s message

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:34 pm
AnonXxdarkfoxx1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 pm At this point if you still support Trump you are 100% racist . Sorry, not sorry
That’s ok. That’s your opinion. And this is what I’m talking about as being just as bad as Trumps comment because it’s generalizing groups of people. That’s the comparison I was making.
It’s generalizing people, but not invoking an anti-Semitic trope to do it.

How is it unfair to say that people who support or plan to vote for Trump either agree with his bigoted statements, or are happy to ignore and tolerate it, which is no better because it simply enables it?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:44 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:30 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:23 pm

Of course there’s a history of people being called racist. People being called racist simply has none of the same horrifying historical consequences that anti-Semitic ideas like Jewish people being “disloyal” do, which makes comparing them like comparing apples and oranges.
Though I wouldn’t say it’s a form of racism to accuse someone of being racist even though whites are generally accused of racism and some people even think if you aren’t white you can’t be racist, there is still much hostility towards people accused of racism. It has become a weapon. Everything is racist. People are attacked over wearing a MAGA hat because they are seen as being racist. It may not be an exact comparison. ( for one is a form of racism while what I brought up isn’t necessarily racism) But in my opinion what Trump said about Jews being disloyal for not voting Republican is as bad as Dems accusing people who vote for Trump as being racist and white supremacist. That’s all I’m going to say on the subject. I know you can’t stand when someone has a different opinion than yours but that is my opinion. You have yours. I have mine.
So much hostility that a man who has openly behaved in bigoted ways over and over is literally the President of the United States?

“Hostility” isn’t comparable to anti-Semitism. You have your opinion, but the Jewish hate-crime death toll last year alone (let alone throughout history) would act to back that up.
Again, to be more clear, the comparison is in the manipulation and generalizations of comments from both sides that are the most comparable. I see Trump as trying to be manipulative in his comments. I see the left as being manipulative in their comments.
As for the hostility, that has obviously grown in time as some people grow to hate Trump more and more.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:46 pm
AnonXxdarkfoxx1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 pm At this point if you still support Trump you are 100% racist . Sorry, not sorry
That’s ok. That’s your opinion. And this is what I’m talking about as being just as bad as Trumps comment because it’s generalizing groups of people. That’s the comparison I was making.

How is it unfair to say that people who support or plan to vote for Trump either agree with his bigoted statements, or are happy to ignore and tolerate it, which is no better because it simply enables it?
As I said, the bulk of my comments was on the generalization and manipulation. You can be blind to the comparison but the left generalized and is just as manipulative with their comments.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:54 pm

As I said, the bulk of my comments was on the generalization and manipulation. You can be blind to the comparison but the left generalized and is just as manipulative with their comments.
How is it unfair or manipulative to say that people who support or plan to vote for Trump either agree with his bigoted statements, or are happy to ignore and tolerate it, which is no better because it simply enables it?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 pm

How is it unfair or manipulative to say that people who support or plan to vote for Trump either agree with his bigoted statements, or are happy to ignore and tolerate it, which is no better because it simply enables it?
It’s manipulative because every damn thing is racist now days. You can be called racist for anything. The left have especially used racism accusations as a tool. That IS manipulative. The left have seen certain things to be racist that perhaps other people have not. The left demands that you see it as racist or you are condoning racism and are racist. Look through the comments. It was very clearly said that if you vote/support Trump you are racist. I rest my case. Now move on and agree to disagree like a good little girl.
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:11 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 pm

It’s manipulative because every damn thing is racist now days. You can be called racist for anything. The left have especially used racism accusations as a tool. That IS manipulative. The left have seen certain things to be racist that perhaps other people have not. The left demands that you see it as racist or you are condoning racism and are racist. Look through the comments. It was very clearly said that if you vote/support Trump you are racist. I rest my case. Now move on and agree to disagree like a good little girl.
Trump said an American judge of Mexican heritage couldn’t be fair to him because “he’s a Mexican”. What is that if not outright bigotry based on his ethnic background? How can it be seen as anything else?

So, with the understanding he’s been outright bigoted over and over, how is it unfair or manipulative to say people must either agree to be willing to tolerate and enable it if they vote for him?

No thanks, I’ll post whatever I want on a board literally meant for discussing opinions! You can deal with that, like a good little girl.
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When Amanda Berg heard reports that President Donald Trump mocked the accents of the leaders of South Korea and Japan at a recent fundraiser, it brought back painful memories from her childhood.https://apnews.com/9035e34dc5944d309ad5e966bbb9e860

SO NOT RACIST! NOPE NOT AT ALL..
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:37 pm And seriously... supporting Israel would make a difference if it didn’t come from a POTUS that has zero respect from his fellow world leaders. Right now, I value more Angela Merkel’s positive attitude towards Israel than Trump’s. Seriously, I don’t think even Netanyahu respects. He appreciates the backup, certainly, but there’s no way a person of his intelligence has any respect for a moron known for his daily idiotic actions. He probably laughs his ass off at him, but hey... let’s keep the baby happy if that means the rare voice of support in this hostile world.
you think angela merkle is respected right now? :lol:

Support for Chancellor Angela Merkel’s centre-Right alliance has fallen to an all-time low according to a new opinion poll, as the nationalist Alternative for Germany (AfD) surged to its best ever figures.

looks like merkle's mass open borders migration policies pissed off a lot of germans! and other europeans who have to deal with the migrants she let in flooding their borders also. nationalists are making huge gains, she is being humiliated.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... d-migrant/

yep, humiliated

On 29 October 2018, German Chancellor Angela Merkel issued a surprise statement of resignation from political life. During a public address in Berlin, Merkel relinquished leadership of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU), the political party she chaired since 2000. The position of chancellor also came into question as Merkel committed to not seek reelection upon the conclusion of her fourth term in 2021. Both statements effectively ended Merkel's political career, prompting uncertainty as to the future of both German and European Union (EU) leadership.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Certainly more respected than Trump, who has managed to alienate quite a number of foreign leaders with his temper tantrums and his childish, unprofessional nonsense.
Trump is the laughingstock of the world, a figure of ridicule.
And today he now added Denmark to the list of foreign leaders he has snubbed over a childish tantrum.
water<wine wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:24 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:37 pm And seriously... supporting Israel would make a difference if it didn’t come from a POTUS that has zero respect from his fellow world leaders. Right now, I value more Angela Merkel’s positive attitude towards Israel than Trump’s. Seriously, I don’t think even Netanyahu respects. He appreciates the backup, certainly, but there’s no way a person of his intelligence has any respect for a moron known for his daily idiotic actions. He probably laughs his ass off at him, but hey... let’s keep the baby happy if that means the rare voice of support in this hostile world.
you think angela merkle is respected right now? :lol:

Support for Chancellor Angela Merkel’s centre-Right alliance has fallen to an all-time low according to a new opinion poll, as the nationalist Alternative for Germany (AfD) surged to its best ever figures.

looks like merkle's mass open borders migration policies pissed off a lot of germans! and other europeans who have to deal with the migrants she let in flooding their borders also. nationalists are making huge gains, she is being humiliated.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... d-migrant/

yep, humiliated

On 29 October 2018, German Chancellor Angela Merkel issued a surprise statement of resignation from political life. During a public address in Berlin, Merkel relinquished leadership of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU), the political party she chaired since 2000. The position of chancellor also came into question as Merkel committed to not seek reelection upon the conclusion of her fourth term in 2021. Both statements effectively ended Merkel's political career, prompting uncertainty as to the future of both German and European Union (EU) leadership.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic