Would you be mad if your 16 year old got a passport behind your back?

SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not really. I don't see anything to be mad about. I'd think it's slightly weird he felt the need to hide it, because I'd never say no to this, but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

But then, My 16-year-old wouldn't need to get a passport behind my back because he has had a passport since he was little and it is always up to date. I've taken him to many work trips over the years, and not all of them were planned long in advance. In my opinion, a passport is the sort of thing that's better to have and not use than need and not have.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm not sure but I don't think I'd be mad. When I was around her age I took off to Canada to get piercing and tattoos on more than one occasion, lol. My poor mom. So I'd be happy that she wasn't doing that at least (I think).
flowerfunleah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I would be pretty ticked off if my kid went and got a passport behind my back and she would most definitely NOT be keeping it on her because "its hers", no ma'am.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't care that she has the passport. But I would be concerned that she secretly obtained it.
She didn't meet someone online. Did she?
RedBottoms

Unread post

I just looked up my state about getting a passport just to have one in case and nevermind! It would cost almost $400. Screw that. I am only paying that if I am for sure going to use it
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Well. mine wouldn't be going to Canada or anywhere else out of the country with a group of friends if she didn't ask permission. I wouldn't care about the passport per se but I would care that she somehow got the money and then went off and did it on her own. And again, the trip to Canada would not be happening.
Justanotherperson
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My kid would have no clue how to do that. He is 15. Because he didn't want to get his drivers license, he wanted state ID instead so he could get a job. The hoops that we had to jump thru for that was ridiculous. He was so frustrated by the process. He is not allowed to hold on to it tho. We hold on to it for him and give it to him only when he absolutely needs it. He would have no clue how to figure out how to get a passport. He would definitely need our help for that. So I am not at all worried about him trying something like that.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She's up to something 😎
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Justanotherperson wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:35 pm My kid would have no clue how to do that. He is 15. Because he didn't want to get his drivers license, he wanted state ID instead so he could get a job. The hoops that we had to jump thru for that was ridiculous. He was so frustrated by the process. He is not allowed to hold on to it tho. We hold on to it for him and give it to him only when he absolutely needs it. He would have no clue how to figure out how to get a passport. He would definitely need our help for that. So I am not at all worried about him trying something like that.
Is he SN's?
Justanotherperson
Countess
Countess

Unread post

No. He is just lazy and unmotivated lol.

luvthagirl wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:42 pm
Justanotherperson wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:35 pm My kid would have no clue how to do that. He is 15. Because he didn't want to get his drivers license, he wanted state ID instead so he could get a job. The hoops that we had to jump thru for that was ridiculous. He was so frustrated by the process. He is not allowed to hold on to it tho. We hold on to it for him and give it to him only when he absolutely needs it. He would have no clue how to figure out how to get a passport. He would definitely need our help for that. So I am not at all worried about him trying something like that.
Is he SN's?
Locked Previous topicNext topic