James Alan Fox: There Is No Evidence of an 'Epidemic of Mass Shootings'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

https://reason.com/podcast/james-alan-f ... -shootings
The nation's leading scholar of mass shootings explains how media coverage of horrific events such as El Paso and Dayton stoke unwarranted fear and anxiety.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Bullshit.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 pm Bullshit.
I just finished listening. Did you listen to the whole thing? What do you find to be bullshit? I’m just curious. I’m in Dayton and we are still reeling from the event here.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

lunarprancer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:59 pm https://reason.com/podcast/james-alan-f ... -shootings
The nation's leading scholar of mass shootings explains how media coverage of horrific events such as El Paso and Dayton stoke unwarranted fear and anxiety.
I agree. They have changed the definition of “mass shooting” to further an agenda. That way they can claim a mass shooting every day.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 670

Unread post

lunarprancer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:47 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 pm Bullshit.
I just finished listening. Did you listen to the whole thing? What do you find to be bullshit? I’m just curious. I’m in Dayton and we are still reeling from the event here.
The whole F***ing premise, there's no issue so we can continue to sit with our thumbs up our F***ing asses and do nothing as usual because this asshole has assured us that 'there's no epidemic of mass shootings'. We have a gun problem in this country and he's trying to minimize the fact that there are shootings about every month or so now. Shootings in schools. Shootings in concerts. Shootings in malls. Shootings in Walmarts.

One school shooting is too much. All he's doing is fueling the GOP to continue business as usual because hey, there's no worries because statistically, it's not really an epidemic. Who F***ing cares what this asshole asserts. Wait until it hits close to home. Wait until someone you know has a kid who was killed in his school, then tell me about F***ing statistics.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I do believe we have an epidemic of hoplophobics, in any case.

I will have to listen to the podcast over the weekend.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Who gives a shit about it being an epidemic? How many people were murdered or injured in Vegas? Parkland? Orlando? California? Sandy Hook?

What is the common denominator in these mass shootings?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic