Call on Walmart to end gun sales

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:10 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:09 pm
So a small guy with a gun would be fine?
No!
I wouldn’t want to know any guy who shops with guns in his belt !
Hunting once a year is fine.
Otherwise, people who carry guns or keep them in their cars or nightstands are losers. I
Ugh.
How do you protect yourself and your family if an armed intruder broke into your house in the middle of the day? Asking for a friend.
Lol
Yah , of course- because I live in a Ghetto where people forget to lock their doors and drugs and guns are being sold and stolen .... gosh if better be careful .

Nope.

I live in a peaceful, protected townhome complex where we haven’t ever been broken into.
I’d have a greater chance of being hit by a bus if I’m not looking.
Ummmm
Are you really that scared? Asking for a friend,
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:15 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 pm
No!
Otherwise, people who carry guns or keep them in their cars or nightstands are losers. I
Ugh.
I just wanted to clarify since you said a big guy. Plenty of decent people have guns for protection. Teachers, pastors, nurses, doctors, VPs of companies. What would you do if someone broke into your house? How would you protect yourself and your family.
There’s a greater chance of being hit by a bus or fall in the shower than having to defend myself from an intruder.
My home is in a very quiet peaceful townhome complex ( owned )and I have sturdy locks and security system. Historically, there have only been a half dozen homes right in town that were robbed over the last decade.
If I lived out in the boondocks, there might be a greater risk. Because that’s where robbers go because the owners are defenseless and tend to forget to lock their homes and cars.
They’re not defenseless if they have a gun. I have a big dog he’s what someone would meet if they broke in first after they got through the door. At that point I’d be able to get the kids to the closet in my room and my gun. I don’t want to have to wait for the police. Because when you have second the police are just minutes away.

But let’s some one just randomly get through your door what would you do? How would you defend yourself?
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:35 pm Exactly. So obviously backgrounds check are useless. Just like putting a Band-Aid in open heart surgery. Just the illusion that something is being done.

And by using the guns he wasn’t a criminal. He was old enough to carry a gun, he just wasn’t old enough to own one (yeah, very logical 👍🏻😁) If the “background check” had included the people in her household that could have access to the gun and mental health being a deterrent to have access to a gun, she wouldn’t have been able to purchase one legally and she didn’t seem the kind to be so desperate to go and get one illegally. If background checks include checking social media and allowing for a waiting period of not 3 days, but of 3 months to see how the person is behaving, if gun ownership was limited to a certain number and types of guns and ammo, then maybe some of these incidents should be stopped. There’s no excuse why Stephen Paddock owned 24 legal weapons that he used to murder people in Las Vegas. ZERO excuses for that. Number of guns owned should be a red flag in any background check.

And, as I said, mass shootings are crimes so opportunity. If Adam Lanza, the Columbine kids, the Orlando club shooter, and the Virginia yech shooter didn’t have a ready access to guns, those crimes would most likely not have been committed. Seung-Hui Cho had a history of mental problems, even psychiatric evaluations for suicide threats and he was even able to legally purchase a gun over the internet. So again... how did the “background check” help there?
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:20 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am It goes beyond looking for a record. How many mass shooters had a record? Pretty much not one. And some mass shooters, like the one of Sandy Hooks, didn’t even use their own weapons. They were guns legally purchased by his mother, the one he also killed. So when you purchase a weapon, it’s not just you the one with access to it. So it shouldn’t just be your background being checked, but your household, the people that could have access to your weapon, your knowledge on gun safety and use and the amount of guns you already own.

And when his mother bought that gun he didn’t have anything that would have came up to stop her from getting it. Him and other using guns that aren’t there’s shows that criminals(and if you use a gun that’s not your a criminal) don’t care about laws.
I've had a number of denials.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And if you have seconds, you wouldn’t be able to get to your gun if it was properly and safely stored. Because you do know that the safest way to store guns is unloaded, locked and separate from ammunition. So please tell me how would a safely stored gun would save you when you only have seconds to get it?
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:23 pm

I just wanted to clarify since you said a big guy. Plenty of decent people have guns for protection. Teachers, pastors, nurses, doctors, VPs of companies. What would you do if someone broke into your house? How would you protect yourself and your family.
There’s a greater chance of being hit by a bus or fall in the shower than having to defend myself from an intruder.
My home is in a very quiet peaceful townhome complex ( owned )and I have sturdy locks and security system. Historically, there have only been a half dozen homes right in town that were robbed over the last decade.
If I lived out in the boondocks, there might be a greater risk. Because that’s where robbers go because the owners are defenseless and tend to forget to lock their homes and cars.
They’re not defenseless if they have a gun. I have a big dog he’s what someone would meet if they broke in first after they got through the door. At that point I’d be able to get the kids to the closet in my room and my gun. I don’t want to have to wait for the police. Because when you have second the police are just minutes away.

But let’s some one just randomly get through your door what would you do? How would you defend yourself?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

I’d tell them they could take anything they want- money, silver, electronics- and then they could go and I wouldn’t call the police. ( following an FBI friend’s advice)
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Exactly! You nailed it!
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:36 pm And if you have seconds, you wouldn’t be able to get to your gun if it was properly and safely stored. Because you do know that the safest way to store guns is unloaded, locked and separate from ammunition. So please tell me how would a safely stored gun would save you when you only have seconds to get it?

hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:36 pm And if you have seconds, you wouldn’t be able to get to your gun if it was properly and safely stored. Because you do know that the safest way to store guns is unloaded, locked and separate from ammunition. So please tell me how would a safely stored gun would save you when you only have seconds to get it?

My handgun is in a fingerprint safe with the clip out and next to it. The clip is loaded. It would take me about 30-45 seconds to get from the door to the bedroom. The kids would get in the closet while I get the gun. We’ve practice before.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LOL! Do you even realize what 30/45 seconds means? I mean most people throw the “30 seconds” thing as if that’s a nanosecond. It’s actually a long time for many things. Just try holding your breath for 30 seconds.

If an intruder gets into your home, gun at the ready (unlike you because it’s “safely” stored away), 30-45 seconds will do bupkes for you. And actually, if he realizes you’re going for your gun, or running to hide, he could shoot you in 2 seconds. It’s safer to tell him “help yourself” to all your stuff and move out of his way than it is to try to get to your safely stored gun. Most intruders want your stiff, not your life.

Seriously all of you gun owners, have you never seen duel scenes to realize that a second can make a difference? So what would 30-45 seconds do? What would you tell the intruder pointing the gun at you? “Oh, just give me just 30-45 seconds while I run to the bedroom to get my gun!! And could you just keep an eye on the kids for 30-45 seconds? I’ll be back in a jiffy!” Honestly, people actually pay more for Hulu just to avoid 30-45 seconds of commercials. 30-45 seconds is a loooong time.

So unless your intruder rehearsals (and seriously... where do you live that you need those?) include a chronometer to make sure all of you are out of a bullet’s range in under 3 seconds, you’re as vulnerable as anyone who doesn’t own a gun. But I guess that false sense of security gives you some peace of mind.
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:58 pm

My handgun is in a fingerprint safe with the clip out and next to it. The clip is loaded. It would take me about 30-45 seconds to get from the door to the bedroom. The kids would get in the closet while I get the gun. We’ve practice before.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No!
Ugh.
LOL Most people out in the boondocks are not defenseless. I would venture to say most have dogs and guns. You think they tend to forget to lock their homes and cars? Are they addlepated, or are you?
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:55 am I’m in the USA and I think it’s ridiculous that Walmart sells guns!
In fact I didn’t even know that until just recently and it’s making me consider I should stop shopping there.
Pictures on “people of Walmart” is also a motivation to avoid it. Big gross guys with rifles slung over their backs - a few big women with guns too.barf.🤢
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:45 am I don’t know if this is because I’m not in the U.S, but the thought that Walmart sells guns it’s just so ridiculous to me. I’m actually just heading out to Walmart myself, I was making my list and just the idea of going “milk, bread, ice cream, potatoes, pineapple, a gun and ammo, fabric softener, face cream, oh, and this month’s Better Homes and Gardens must be out!” is comical to say the least 😁
Do you remember Western Auto? Or the Sears Roebuck catalog?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic