Do you put your liquor in these?

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:59 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:09 pm Not anymore. In my older home I have a lot of antiques. I have many crystal items(decanter, glasses, vases, oil lamps, serving trays.. you name it).
Your older home sounds a lot like what we have stored in our home now. We have everything you mentioned and more.
My stuff was passed down from my great great grandmother. I have some really nice piece and furniture.. It's all still in great condition after all these years.
My SO stuff was passed down from generations as well. I like that he has so many things but I hate that he has so much of his great great, that our homes are looking like hoarders. What do you plan to do with everything eventually?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Your older home sounds a lot like what we have stored in our home now. We have everything you mentioned and more.
My stuff was passed down from my great great grandmother. I have some really nice piece and furniture.. It's all still in great condition after all these years.
My SO stuff was passed down from generations as well. I like that he has so many things but I hate that he has so much of his great great, that our homes are looking like hoarders. What do you plan to do with everything eventually?
I have stuff spread out over 3 houses & some in storage. I plan to pass everything to my daughter.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:57 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:57 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Wow
It's the lead that makes them all sparkly and pretty, but not safe.
https://scotchaddict.com/are-leaded-cry ... erous.html
Is lead really dangerous? Only if you store the whisky, or other spirits or liquids, in the decanter for longer periods of time. The lead can leach into the spirit and ingesting it is not safe. According to The Nibble, the leaching of lead is must faster than you’d guess.

Researches stored port wine in lead crystal decanters and detected 89 micrograms (per liter) after 2 days and 2,000 – 5,000 micrograms after four months. White wine doubled its lead content within an hour and tripled within four. Brandy stored in lead crystal had around 20,000 micrograms of lead after five years.

The EPA’s lead standard in drinking water is a mere 50 micrograms per liter.
That's very disturbing. I actually considered using them because I love the way they look.
Yeah, you don't wanna use them. You could put water in them and food coloring to display them, but just don't drink out of them.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No. That’s too grandma-like for my taste
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Interesting! I didn’t know that. I prefer to keep my booze in the original bottles. Some liquors keep better in the dark bottles they come in.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm Those decanters have lead in the crystal. I have an old one. Never used it. I like my booze to be lead free.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
HandMmom12
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Nope. But my Grammy puts her peach schnapps in a decanter
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nope
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I dont have any liquor in the house.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, it just seems so silly to me to pour it into another container.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was trying to find a good picture of one room that has a mix of antiques and some current stuff.
Locked Previous topicNext topic