Duke professor: prepare now for recession

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:14 pm So then you admit that when things were going OK, he had nothing to do with it? He has no credit over the ups in the same way he can’t be blamed for the downs, right?
iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:02 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 pm And yet, factors leading up to this worldwide recession can be traced down to Trump’s actions: tariffs, and his trade wars that have resulted on global trade drops.
But hey, I’m sure you’re with him in blaming the Federal Reserve for this. 😂

[/quote}

47 recessions have occurred in this country.
Go ahead and blame President Trump if it makes you feel better.
Please let me know who you blame when the next one occurs.
I'm always thankful that in real life my words don't get twisted and turned every time I speak. I'm grateful that the people I talk to in real life understand English the way I speak it.
Recessions happen. Markets go up and down.

I blame obama for everything. are we clear now
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LOL! Aren’t you sharp? 😂
But hey... how can you blame Obama for “everything” if you yourself claimed there have been 47 recessions that have had nothing to do with whoever is in the White House?

But no, honey, we’re not clear. Let’s just make sure I don’t “twist your words” so answer directly: when the economy was soaring, Dow Jones’s going al up, did you credit Trump, yes or no? It’s a simple question, don’t you think? I mean, do it for me since I obviously don’t speak English the way you do...
iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:17 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:14 pm So then you admit that when things were going OK, he had nothing to do with it? He has no credit over the ups in the same way he can’t be blamed for the downs, right?
I'm always thankful that in real life my words don't get twisted and turned every time I speak. I'm grateful that the people I talk to in real life understand English the way I speak it.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Funny how that works!
They’re so devoted. 🙁
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:39 pm I was just going to say this! I mean, when things are well they’re all like “All Praise Trump!!! HE is making America great again!!!! HE is making our economy soar!!! HE is putting America first!!!” But when things go bad it’s “oh, well... presidents don’t really have much influence in how things go!”
They’re too cute! 😂 Can’t have it both ways. So it’s either he gets credit for the good, but blame for the bad, or gets no blame for the bad but then no credit for the good. Pick one, Trumpsters.
Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:20 pm
iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:50 am

Aren't we always considered the most dominant country in the world and don't we always play a large role in all recessions thanks to whoever happens to be in the White House?

There have been as many as 47 recessions in the United States dating back to the Articles of Confederation, none of which no matter how hard you try can be linked to President Trump.
If you remember Trump’s base claim the economy is why they support him and Trump bragged he created the greatest economy in history. Can’t have it both ways.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, and apparently I’m now back on the ignore list after asking a direct question that “someone” can’t just deflect or weasel out of answering 😁
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:03 pm Funny how that works!
They’re so devoted. 🙁
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:39 pm I was just going to say this! I mean, when things are well they’re all like “All Praise Trump!!! HE is making America great again!!!! HE is making our economy soar!!! HE is putting America first!!!” But when things go bad it’s “oh, well... presidents don’t really have much influence in how things go!”
They’re too cute! 😂 Can’t have it both ways. So it’s either he gets credit for the good, but blame for the bad, or gets no blame for the bad but then no credit for the good. Pick one, Trumpsters.
Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:20 pm

If you remember Trump’s base claim the economy is why they support him and Trump bragged he created the greatest economy in history. Can’t have it both ways.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hey, Billie. Couldn't stay away?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:49 pm

I've been on this site since mid July 2019. I had been on cm for many years prior.
I'm sorry that you and momto2boys have me confused with someone else.
She thinks I've been ignoring her for months which would be hard to do since I've only been on this site for less than one month.
And you, I'm not Billie.
You are both
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:59 pm

I've been on this site since mid July 2019. I had been on cm for many years prior.
She thinks I've been ignoring her for months which would be hard to do since I've only been on this site for less than one month.
And you, I'm not Billie.
You are both
Everwhat, Billie.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s funny, though, that the poster I’m supposedly confusing you with had her last appearance here just a couple of weeks before your arrival.
And she was just as hateful.
I do have to disagree with CCC here, though... not BJ, but quite a good guess!
And you, I'm not Billie.
You are both
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 pm It’s funny, though, that the poster I’m supposedly confusing you with had her last appearance here just a couple of weeks before your arrival.
And she was just as hateful.
I do have to disagree with CCC here, though... not BJ, but quite a good guess!

And you, I'm not Billie.
You are both
We are all entitled to our opinions about every single subject in the world. None of us have to conform to someone else's opinion about any topic.
I'm not who you think I am, and I don't actually care who you think I am.
I feel sorry for you both.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:17 pm

And you, I'm not Billie.
You are both
Everwhat, Billie.
She’s not Billie. She’s too much in control and hasn’t posted extreme right wing conspiracy theories.
Locked Previous topicNext topic