Call on Walmart to end gun sales

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:09 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:59 pm Here’s a big guy with a gun - the kind I don’t want to shop with at Walmart or anywhere else.
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/page/27/ ... %29endif-A
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:41 pm
I know about people of Walmart. The have skinny mesh head looking people on it too. I was commenting on how you always seem to bring someone’s wait into something. That or their lack of education and the south.
So a small guy with a gun would be fine?
No!
I wouldn’t want to know any guy who shops with guns in his belt !
Hunting once a year is fine.
Otherwise, people who carry guns or keep them in their cars or nightstands are losers. I
Ugh.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:59 pm Here’s a big guy with a gun - the kind I don’t want to shop with at Walmart or anywhere else.

No!
Otherwise, people who carry guns or keep them in their cars or nightstands are losers. I
Ugh.
I just wanted to clarify since you said a big guy. Plenty of decent people have guns for protection. Teachers, pastors, nurses, doctors, VPs of companies. What would you do if someone broke into your house? How would you protect yourself and your family.
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No!
Ugh.
Those losers could one day save your life. Not everyone who owns a gun is a loser.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:56 am
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 am
Carpy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:10 am Wal-Mart has a policy of not ending the Brady Date.
What ?
What’s the Brady Date?
I googled it and saw the Brady Law only.
The three day waiting period. If no response is given on the background check you can let them take the gun after three business days.
Three business days would seem like an eternity if an abused woman felt the need for a gun to protect herself and her family.
Doesn't really matter the length of time for criminals because they don't get their guns legally.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

No!
Ugh.
How do you protect yourself and your family if an armed intruder broke into your house in the middle of the day? Asking for a friend.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How would YOU?
Because, you know... if you have your gun safely stored, then it would take a while to reach for it and shoot the guy. If you have one in every drawer readily available, then you’re not being a responsible gun owner keeping your guns out of reach.

But to answer your question, thankfully that’s not a worry for me. But if I lived in an area where that was a strong possibility, as you obviously do, then maybe I would have A- as in ONE- gun. I wouldn’t need a dozen assault rifles, though.
iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:10 pm
No!
Ugh.
How do you protect yourself and your family if an armed intruder broke into your house in the middle of the day? Asking for a friend.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:43 pm How would YOU?
Because, you know... if you have your gun safely stored, then it would take a while to reach for it and shoot the guy. If you have one in every drawer readily available, then you’re not being a responsible gun owner keeping your guns out of reach.

But to answer your question, thankfully that’s not a worry for me. But if I lived in an area where that was a strong possibility, as you obviously do, then maybe I would have A- as in ONE- gun. I wouldn’t need a dozen assault rifles, though.
No!
Ugh.
Do we know each other in real life or are you just naturally antagonistic?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If you’re in that desperate need and you’re willing to do something about it, there are resources to help you. That’s not an excuse to sell guns as if they were pantyhose. You can get to a safe place.

And seriously? You don’t sound like someone who knows anything about gun use at all. Do you think it’s as easy as “just point the hole towards the bad guy and pull!!”? Do you k ow anything about abuse? An abused woman who hasn’t had the courage to leave probably wouldn’t be able to kill the bastard if she had a gun. Most likely, she’ll end up hesitating, giving him a chance to take the gun away from her and either shooting or beating the crap out of her. A person with a gun who’s not willing it to use it without a second though puts themselves in more danger than an unarmed person. And the vast majority of people aren’t that quick-draw-McGraw.
iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:08 pm
Carpy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:56 am
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 am

What ?
What’s the Brady Date?
I googled it and saw the Brady Law only.
The three day waiting period. If no response is given on the background check you can let them take the gun after three business days.
Three business days would seem like an eternity if an abused woman felt the need for a gun to protect herself and her family.
Doesn't really matter the length of time for criminals because they don't get their guns legally.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t think we do. I don’t know anyone IRL without any common sense 🤷🏼‍♀️

But I have to say that it’s seriously funny that you’ve ignored all my replies to you for months and then after I point out that I noticed that you ignore me as you did with your old SN, you suddenly start replying to all my posts 😂🤣😂🤣😂
iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:53 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:43 pm How would YOU?

Do we know each other in real life or are you just naturally antagonistic?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 pm
No!
Ugh.
I just wanted to clarify since you said a big guy. Plenty of decent people have guns for protection. Teachers, pastors, nurses, doctors, VPs of companies. What would you do if someone broke into your house? How would you protect yourself and your family.
There’s a greater chance of being hit by a bus or fall in the shower than having to defend myself from an intruder.
My home is in a very quiet peaceful townhome complex ( owned )and I have sturdy locks and security system. Historically, there have only been a half dozen homes right in town that were robbed over the last decade.
If I lived out in the boondocks, there might be a greater risk. Because that’s where robbers go because the owners are defenseless and tend to forget to lock their homes and cars.
Locked Previous topicNext topic