The soda habit

Anonymous 15

Unread post

We buy a few bottles of diet soda for the week and when it is gone, it's gone. I don't really police the kids since they are 15 and 18 now and my youngest prefers water to soda. I'm the soda fiend in our house. It's my one vice so I just make sure to limit myself to 2 drinks a day.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

It's great that you are trying to cut back on it. I'd continue to bring home less and less of it until it's no longer in the house except for parties. Any amount of soda and juice that you can cut out will definitely help them to lose weight. Stick with it mama bear!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:53 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:39 pm If you want to put weight on easily, drink soda...lots of it...daily.
That's why I'm trying to cut back on how much they drink. All three of them are right at the top of end of the scale of weight for their age, so I'm obviously doing something wrong in how I feed them, lol.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:59 pm I don't buy pop so none unless he happens to go to a friend's house and has it there.
This.
i want candy!
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Right now the only pop in the house is Mountain Dew leftover from a birthday party. We usually don't.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We have a 6 pack of root beer for the boys as a treat and that will generally last them a month. Now my husband and I drink the Zeros and go thru 36 a week. Fortunately the boys have self co trip to the point I question if we are related!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 pm How much soda do your kids drink a day? I was talking to a mom the other day who doesn't even let it into her house due to 'too much sugar'.
I think that's going a bit far, but I am trying to cut back. My kids currently drink 2 or so cans a day at the moment, usually one with dinner and one later in the evening, but I'm trying to reduce it to just one can a day to get some weight off them.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The kids drink water, coconut water, almond/cashew/coconut or regular milk, I have diet soda in the house but they wont touch it
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:02 pm It's great that you are trying to cut back on it. I'd continue to bring home less and less of it until it's no longer in the house except for parties. Any amount of soda and juice that you can cut out will definitely help them to lose weight. Stick with it mama bear!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:53 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:39 pm If you want to put weight on easily, drink soda...lots of it...daily.
That's why I'm trying to cut back on how much they drink. All three of them are right at the top of end of the scale of weight for their age, so I'm obviously doing something wrong in how I feed them, lol.
Thanks! Not sure about completely eliminating it, but definitely going to try to get them down to one a day!
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think some of you are big fat liars.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:10 pm I think some of you are big fat liars.
How DARE you!!!!!!!!
I may or may not fib from time to time but I'll have you know that I am not fat.
Im scrawnier than a piece of angel hair pasta :)
Anonymous 7

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:10 pm I think some of you are big fat liars.

Why?
Locked Previous topicNext topic