Call on Walmart to end gun sales

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:05 am
EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am Well, three days is hardly enough time to do a thorough background check. That is ridiculous.
How long do you think it should take? If your record is clean it doesn’t take long. My husband gets a security background check and it’s pretty quickly done. And they look for everything. You give your SSN and it looks for arrests or other crime that could make you ineligible.
My husband has a concealed carry permit. In our state they perform a background check every 28 days on all permit holders. If anything comes up they would contact the local sheriff and/or police.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am Well, three days is hardly enough time to do a thorough background check. That is ridiculous.
How long should it take? A week? A month?
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Everything is pretty instantaneous now. We're not in the 80's anymore when everything was done with phone calls and paper files.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t know if this is because I’m not in the U.S, but the thought that Walmart sells guns it’s just so ridiculous to me. I’m actually just heading out to Walmart myself, I was making my list and just the idea of going “milk, bread, ice cream, potatoes, pineapple, a gun and ammo, fabric softener, face cream, oh, and this month’s Better Homes and Gardens must be out!” is comical to say the least 😁
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would go for three months. That should be enough time to check you and anyone who may have access to your brand new gun.
DSamuels wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 am
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It goes beyond looking for a record. How many mass shooters had a record? Pretty much not one. And some mass shooters, like the one of Sandy Hooks, didn’t even use their own weapons. They were guns legally purchased by his mother, the one he also killed. So when you purchase a weapon, it’s not just you the one with access to it. So it shouldn’t just be your background being checked, but your household, the people that could have access to your weapon, your knowledge on gun safety and use and the amount of guns you already own.
How long do you think it should take? If your record is clean it doesn’t take long. My husband gets a security background check and it’s pretty quickly done. And they look for everything. You give your SSN and it looks for arrests or other crime that could make you ineligible.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

I’m in the USA and I think it’s ridiculous that Walmart sells guns!
In fact I didn’t even know that until just recently and it’s making me consider I should stop shopping there.
Pictures on “people of Walmart” is also a motivation to avoid it. Big gross guys with rifles slung over their backs - a few big women with guns too.barf.🤢
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:45 am I don’t know if this is because I’m not in the U.S, but the thought that Walmart sells guns it’s just so ridiculous to me. I’m actually just heading out to Walmart myself, I was making my list and just the idea of going “milk, bread, ice cream, potatoes, pineapple, a gun and ammo, fabric softener, face cream, oh, and this month’s Better Homes and Gardens must be out!” is comical to say the least 😁
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Yes! I agree!
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am It goes beyond looking for a record. How many mass shooters had a record? Pretty much not one. And some mass shooters, like the one of Sandy Hooks, didn’t even use their own weapons. They were guns legally purchased by his mother, the one he also killed. So when you purchase a weapon, it’s not just you the one with access to it. So it shouldn’t just be your background being checked, but your household, the people that could have access to your weapon, your knowledge on gun safety and use and the amount of guns you already own.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I got my job in a prison, federal background checks, and it only took 2 days.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:47 am I would go for three months. That should be enough time to check you and anyone who may have access to your brand new gun.
DSamuels wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 am
Everything is instantaneous now. It doesn’t need to take 3 months. What are they going to background check your whole family, co workers, friends etc.
Locked Previous topicNext topic