Now on Netflix : The Family

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

I know
I take everything with a grain of sand.
I have a hard time believing anything lately.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 pm I may watch it, but with a grain of salt. I saw what they did with the “One of Us” documentary, just focusing on the negative minority of a group and making it a generalization that hurt innocent people and I won’t ever judge a whole group or blindly believe all claims based on a biased “documentary” ever again.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Does it have any basis in the NXIVM thing?

That was certainly a cult!
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 pm I may watch it, but with a grain of salt. I saw what they did with the “One of Us” documentary, just focusing on the negative minority of a group and making it a generalization that hurt innocent people and I won’t ever judge a whole group or blindly believe all claims based on a biased “documentary” ever again.
This is based on his book from years ago. This stuff about that C Street condo has been around quite awhile.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

29again wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:52 pm Does it have any basis in the NXIVM thing?

The "Fellowship" is not a cult. It is a partnership of Evangelical leaders who seek to shape American culture, politics and business. The goal is a "Christian" led nation, strick enforcement of gender roles in private and public life, and a belief that Jesus' true mission was to lead the "powerful" and "chosen" which they define as Christian males of wealth, corporate leaders or politicians.

Their teachings and activities are well documented, and many current and past members of Congress and the WH have declared affiliation with the group.
The stated purpose of the Fellowship is to provide a fellowship forum for decision makers to share in Bible studies, prayer meetings, worship experiences, and to experience spiritual affirmation and support.

The Fellowship's known participants include ranking United States government officials, corporate executives, heads of religious and humanitarian aid organizations, and ambassadors and high-ranking politicians from across the world. Many United States Senators and Congressmen have publicly acknowledged working with the Fellowship or are documented as having worked together to pass or influence legislation.

Former Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, also a former member of the Senate Prayer Group, has described Fellowship members' method of operation: "Typically, one person grows desirous of pursuing an action"—a piece of legislation, a diplomatic strategy—"and the others pull in behind." Brownback has often joined with fellow Family members in pursuing legislation. For example, in 1999 he joined together with fellow Family members, Senators Strom Thurmond and Don Nickles to demand a criminal investigation of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State, and in 2005 Brownback joined with Fellowship member Sen. Tom Coburn to promote the Houses of Worship Act.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fello ... anization)
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:01 am
29again wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:52 pm Does it have any basis in the NXIVM thing?

The "Fellowship" is not a cult. It is a partnership of Evangelical leaders who seek to shape American culture, politics and business. The goal is a "Christian" led nation, strick enforcement of gender roles in private and public life, and a belief that Jesus' true mission was to lead the "powerful" and "chosen" which they define as Christian males of wealth, corporate leaders or politicians.

Their teachings and activities are well documented, and many current and past members of Congress and the WH have declared affiliation with the group.
The stated purpose of the Fellowship is to provide a fellowship forum for decision makers to share in Bible studies, prayer meetings, worship experiences, and to experience spiritual affirmation and support.

The Fellowship's known participants include ranking United States government officials, corporate executives, heads of religious and humanitarian aid organizations, and ambassadors and high-ranking politicians from across the world. Many United States Senators and Congressmen have publicly acknowledged working with the Fellowship or are documented as having worked together to pass or influence legislation.

Former Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, also a former member of the Senate Prayer Group, has described Fellowship members' method of operation: "Typically, one person grows desirous of pursuing an action"—a piece of legislation, a diplomatic strategy—"and the others pull in behind." Brownback has often joined with fellow Family members in pursuing legislation. For example, in 1999 he joined together with fellow Family members, Senators Strom Thurmond and Don Nickles to demand a criminal investigation of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State, and in 2005 Brownback joined with Fellowship member Sen. Tom Coburn to promote the Houses of Worship Act.
Yes
This is what makes it so interesting, IMO.

I wouldn’t want that to happen though- we don’t need Evangelicals in DC enforcing their rules on everyone. Separation of church and state is essential.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:41 am
MonarchMom wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:01 am

Yes
This is what makes it so interesting, IMO.

I wouldn’t want that to happen though- we don’t need Evangelicals in DC enforcing their rules on everyone. Separation of church and state is essential.
It is happening now, and has been for decades.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:56 pm
iamanon wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:16 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Lol!
So predictable!
You wouldn’t want to think about it, would you?
🤣
Nothing to think about. I don't watch Netflix for any reason.
Why not ? There are movies and tv shows and informative history!documentaries!
Lots to learn about!👍🏻
I kind of want to know why you don't watch Netflix too.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:27 am

Lots to learn about!👍🏻
I watch Netflix all the time!
Who are you talking to?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Her loss!
I’ve watched some really good series and movies that you don’t get anywhere else. Spain in particular makes some really good series worth watching.

Lots to learn about!👍🏻
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lots to learn about!👍🏻
Our kids got us a streaming DVD player and Netflix gift card for Christmas 2017. We’ve kept up the subscription but we very rarely watch anything. I should cancel it.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic