The soda habit

Anonymous 5

Unread post

If you want to put weight on easily, drink soda...lots of it...daily.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

A day? Who gives their kids soda every day? I can't come up with how much exactly. They may have a soda when we go out to eat, which isn't that often. Or for special occasions and birthday parties. We don't keep it in the house. I haven't drunk a soda in 5 years.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

None. We don't buy it for the house. They get it as a special treat, maybe once or twice a month. I personally don't see any reason why a child should be drinking soda everyday.

We do have a sodastream and use it to carbonate water to make seltzer. We add a splash of grape, lime, or cranberry juice in and give that to the kids once a day. Healthier than juice and they like the cold bubbles.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

I haven’t bought pop( soda) for at least a decade.
My kids are adults with families and they still drink Mountain Dew, Coke.
I drink water.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

We buy it occasionally as a treat. My youngest is a total sugar addict and would drink it daily if we had it in the house.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:39 pm If you want to put weight on easily, drink soda...lots of it...daily.
My sister would drink a soda a day. When she quit drinking it she lost 35lbs in 4 months. Its significant in a lot of people's weight and health issues. My immune system was a lot better once I stopped drinking it. I haven't been sick once in 5 years.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

None
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:13 pm I don’t usually buy soda for the house unless we are entertaining. On average they maybe have a glass a couple times a month when we go out to dinner.

What else do they drink daily and how old are they?
Fruit juice and milk are favorites too, and they drink water of course. They're 8, 10 and 13, all girls.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:39 pm If you want to put weight on easily, drink soda...lots of it...daily.
That's why I'm trying to cut back on how much they drink. All three of them are right at the top of end of the scale of weight for their age, so I'm obviously doing something wrong in how I feed them, lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:28 pm DD (12) loves soda. She would drink it all day long if I let her.

I limit it to one can or bottle every couple of days, though.
Mine are the same, they'd drink it for every meal and in between if they could. It's just too tasty for its own good.
Locked Previous topicNext topic