You married a level 2 S*x offender how exactly did you think that was going to work

QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:24 pm I wouldn't feel so good and want to brag about excluding and bullying young children but go you?
Mom should have thought about that. Her kids feelings are not worth my kids safety.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:24 pm I wouldn't feel so good and want to brag about excluding and bullying young children but go you?
Sorry but I am not willing to give my address, phone number and access to my home( for playdates, sleepovers etc.) to a registered S*x offender. Just because some stupid person married and had children with a S*x offender does not mean that I am required to allow them into my life. Those children are going to pay for the parents mistakes for the rest of their school years, and that is not my problem.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:08 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Did you mean to quote me? Because I'm with you
Sorry - there is no such thing as public preschool. We absolutely publish everyone’s info in a directory 😂

ETA - why would the directory bother you, absent the whole S*x offender thing?
Wrong. 43 states have publicly funded preschools or pre-KS. Not all of them are income based. And are in fact at the actual elementary schools. Do actually go up to every Tom,dick and Harry and them your name,phone number, address?Thats what those directories do.
In my initial response I said there was no such thing [as public preschool] “where I live.”

Parents use these directories to email you and ask if you’d like to have a play date, or to invite your children to birthday parties. What are you afraid your children’s classmate’s parents are going to do with this information?

I wouldn’t send my children to a school where I was too uncomfortable to allow other parents access to my email address, phone number, and address. What does that say about your opinion of the school?
Anonymous 10

Unread post

How old was he and how old was the victim? Where they 14 and 16 or a big age difference.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:00 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:55 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:49 pm

I have lived in 5 states and none of the school districts have ever done that

I wouldn't be okay with that
My children have only gone to private preschool (no public preschool here) and private school, and every one publishes a directory. I even have the phone numbers and addresses of all the teachers. Honestly I have no idea why it would bother anyone.
I would never give my name, phone number, or address out to strangers. Not sure why anyone would be okay with that
Don’t you want to get to know the parents of your children’s classmates so that they are no longer strangers?
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm

Is this public preschool? There is no such thing where I live unless your child is special needs.
Sorry - there is no such thing as public preschool. We absolutely publish everyone’s info in a directory 😂

Where do you live? In every state I lived in they have preschool in the public schools. My kids didn’t go we do private for preschool.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:10 pm

YDS goes to preschool with kids from 4 different towns. Clearly I don’t want my children around S*x offenders, but I’m genuinely curious how I would know.
You should be able to look up S*x offenders in your specific area.
Taking the class list and checking out each parent seems a bit extreme, no?

And they publish all of our names, addresses, phone numbers and emails in the class roster that goes out before the start of school. So I guess I don’t understand the concern about the parent knowing where you live. I would think that’s very easy information to find.
Family watchdog site has a map. You enter an address and you can get a map of all of the registered offenders in your area.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:12 pm

You should be able to look up S*x offenders in your specific area.

And they publish all of our names, addresses, phone numbers and emails in the class roster that goes out before the start of school. So I guess I don’t understand the concern about the parent knowing where you live. I would think that’s very easy information to find.
Family watchdog site has a map. You enter an address and you can get a map of all of the registered offenders in your area.
I entered my zip code and there is only one in my town. I googled him and his crime was 4th degree sexual assault on an adult woman.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Where do you live? In every state I lived in they have preschool in the public schools. My kids didn’t go we do private for preschool.
I live in Connecticut. Public preschool in my district is limited to special needs children eligible for services, and it is several thousand dollars.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:01 pm
Poietes wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 pm

I entered my zip code and there is only one in my town. I googled him and his crime was 4th degree sexual assault on an adult woman.
Not everyone lives in the same kind of area. I do a search on my town and I get 51 results for my area. Now some of those could be the whole teens having S*x thing. I actually found a recent new-hire of one of our clients. But he is currently 21 and his offense is "sexual conduct with a minor (attempted)". Sounds to me like maybe he was 18 or 19 having S*x with a 16 year old or something like that. I don't consider that a true S*x offender. But in 51 results you know there are some really bad news people in there, including a handful of females in there. You really can't blame people for being careful and not wanting their info published in a school directory.
Locked Previous topicNext topic