I love my DH's response to this guy

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:55 am I still dont understand why the alphabet people need the rest of us to know their gender or sexual preferences.
Well when you get hired somewhere unless you have it legally changed I am assuming you have to tell them what gender you were born on the hiring paperwork. And if this person is male but looks female, they have to explain that. Your DL will state what your BC says unless you have it changed.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I'm interested in how many special accommodations this newly hired employee will demand from his coworkers?
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:01 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:55 am I still dont understand why the alphabet people need the rest of us to know their gender or sexual preferences.
Well when you get hired somewhere unless you have it legally changed I am assuming you have to tell them what gender you were born on the hiring paperwork. And if this person is male but looks female, they have to explain that. Your DL will state what your BC says unless you have it changed.
My former workplace didn't ask that, but the paperwork at the dentist did the other day. Call me Peter for all I care my teeth hurt.
I shit glitter
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:01 am
Not entirely.

"Under the Gender Recognition Act 2004, it is a criminal offence for a person who has, in an official capacity, acquired knowledge of a transgender person’s previous gender, to disclose this information to any other person if the transgender person holds a gender recognition certificate and has not consented to such a disclosure. This is likely to include, for example, HR personnel. There are exceptions to this rule, such as disclosing the information for medical purposes or for obtaining legal advice.

It is important for HR professionals and management to understand this confidentiality duty. It will mean, for example, that any document containing a transgender employee’s name from their previous gender which identifies them is not disclosed to anyone without permission."

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail ... 77023b5f9d
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:59 pm
Masonmansmommy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:49 pm I’m a little disturbed that the company felt the need to announce the hire as transgender anyway. Not sure that’s appropriate, but glad your dh put that ass in his place!

True. I guess unless they announced it people wouldn't have known. But it could be something like maybe they are transitioning and the company wants extra sensitivity to them? Idk.
My quote was supposed to go here. That's not legal for them to do.
MuggleMama
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Alphabet people ?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Love your screen name! :)
MuggleMama wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:26 pm
Alphabet people ?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You should ask one of the administrators to help you make this your avatar:
Muggle Mama Mug.jpg
MuggleMama wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:26 pm
Alphabet people ?
Locked Previous topicNext topic