I don’t think we can do it. I’m not even sure I want to do it. Really Super Long!

Anonymous 2

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:35 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:10 pm I would take both and make it work. The foster care system is broken and there is no way a baby would go into that system if I could stop it.
But you can only do as much as you comfortable with.
Both of those children would be adopted so fast it's ridiculous
Adopted by what kind of people? Thats a huge problem with the broken foster care system.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:10 pm I would take both and make it work. The foster care system is broken and there is no way a baby would go into that system if I could stop it.
2 newborns and a recently diagnosed special needs child...no thanks. That's too much stress just bail out others.

Op i think your brother is a piece of shit! If he didn't want kids then he should have made sure he didn't get a girl pregnant.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:28 am
Adopted by what kind of people? Thats a huge problem with the broken foster care system.
Foster Care and adoption are very different. The baby doesn't have to go to foster care to be adopted. Both mother's can go through an agency who background checks and all other sorts of research on potential parents
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:33 am

Foster Care and adoption are very different. The baby doesn't have to go to foster care to be adopted. Both mother's can go through an agency who background checks and all other sorts of research on potential parents
According to op they are both horrible pos moms. Do you think they will do whats right for their child? I just hope and pray they end up in a safe loving home.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Better than the ones they have now
Anonymous 6

Unread post

We had dinner last night with a couple who talked about their youngest child. They took the child in at 2yo from the husband’s niece. They grew their family from 4 kids to 5, and it was important to them the child stayed with family. It worked out for them, but it wasn’t perfect and there weren’t other medical needs/mental health needs to consider at the time with their other children.
You have a lot going on and I hope you are able to talk to a counselor or someone who can look at your situation objectively and offer sound advice. good luck!
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

If you aren't sure then DON''T.
I hope the best for everyone involved in this situation.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Encourage them both to give the kids up for adoption. It sounds best to get out of the family altogether. If you took them in the drama would just continue with the parents. A fresh start is best. So many people want to adopt and have the resources and time to really devote to the kids. Life is short and as much as a lot of us want to help others, sometimes you just have to put yourself first and you already have a lot going on.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn't get involved in either one of those situations.
Locked Previous topicNext topic