DH is angry at me because I refused to take care of his kids during the week

Anonymous 1

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:54 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:36 pm I never understand these posts. You marry a man with young kids and then are baffled that they are there? Whatever. That said if he is working all summer and you don't want them he should have signed them up for a camp so they could have some fun activities. He failed by assuming you would sit with them.
I don't get it either. Do they think the step kids magically disappear after the wedding?
Why would I think that?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:41 pm I will watch my stepkids in a jam but no way would I ever watch them in your scenario. I have a 6 month old and so not trying to deal with them on top of my 10 year old alone.
Color me shocked. You can't stand your stepkids or your oldest child

I mean if that's what you want to believe you can. Doesn't bother me any. I fully admit I am not patient enough to deal with everyone alone and that's why I don't have a ton of kids.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I just don’t understand this. My boyfriend’s daughter is just part of our routine when she’s here. He’s hoping to get all summer with her next year and he travels for work sometimes so he might not be here sometimes but idc. It’s about her being with our family and that includes me and my kids.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Anonymous 5

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:58 pm I just don’t understand this. My boyfriend’s daughter is just part of our routine when she’s here. He’s hoping to get all summer with her next year and he travels for work sometimes so he might not be here sometimes but idc. It’s about her being with our family and that includes me and my kids.
Don't be logical and act like a normal caring human being now, you will give the evil SM's in the group a stroke, hahaha
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:58 pm I just don’t understand this. My boyfriend’s daughter is just part of our routine when she’s here. He’s hoping to get all summer with her next year and he travels for work sometimes so he might not be here sometimes but idc. It’s about her being with our family and that includes me and my kids.
Good thing you're not a troll stepmom.
I shit glitter
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:46 pm The whole point of visitation is so that kids can spend time with that parent. If that parent isn't going to be there then why bother? Let them stay with the other one.

Doesn't he take ANY time off when they're there?
He has the week of thanksgiving and 3 weeks off for Christmas every year. He also takes a week off for spring break the years they are with us.

He can take time off during the summer but he doesnt like to because it puts him behind and it stresses him out. I can somewhat understand that but it would be worth it if he spent some more time with the kids.

He spends the whole weekend with them and tries to do as much fun stuff with them as possible
Maybe he can take half days off over the summer for a week. Go into work in the morning and then leave at lunchtime to spend time with his family. Would that be possible? Maybe 3 half days a week - WTF? And he'd be getting 5 days a week with the kids.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:35 pm How old are the kids? I would help out for a couple weeks. You married into this and it sounds like you don't work so its expected you would help with his kids. Not every day though and if he works all week then his summer visits need to be shortened to something reasonable.
Agreed.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They are part of our routine when they are here too which is every weekend. This would be a new routine that is not necessary or even wanted by anyone besides DH

My kids are not here. They would be leaving their mom and other siblings to come here and not even see their dad. Please explain how that makes sense
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:46 pm The whole point of visitation is so that kids can spend time with that parent. If that parent isn't going to be there then why bother? Let them stay with the other one.

Doesn't he take ANY time off when they're there?
He has the week of thanksgiving and 3 weeks off for Christmas every year. He also takes a week off for spring break the years they are with us.

He can take time off during the summer but he doesnt like to because it puts him behind and it stresses him out. I can somewhat understand that but it would be worth it if he spent some more time with the kids.

He spends the whole weekend with them and tries to do as much fun stuff with them as possible
Maybe he can take half days off over the summer for a week. Go into work in the morning and then leave at lunchtime to spend time with his family. Would that be possible? Maybe 3 half days a week - WTF? And he'd be getting 5 days a week with the kids.
He could but he wont.

I would have no problem with them being here more often but only if he is also making an effort to see them more too. I dont mind a compromise but he just wants me to do what he wants and not change anything.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:06 pm
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:35 pm How old are the kids? I would help out for a couple weeks. You married into this and it sounds like you don't work so its expected you would help with his kids. Not every day though and if he works all week then his summer visits need to be shortened to something reasonable.
Agreed.
They are 8 and 9
Locked Previous topicNext topic