What would you do if.....

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:14 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:04 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:52 pm I would never be stupid enough to get a puppy spayed in the first place
Well since they recommend 8 weeks and some dogs start as early as 16 weeks..when should a dog be spayed then mom confessions vet?
My dogs vet said 6 months. Before she went into heat but later to give her time to mature.
My cat's vet said that too and that was 15 years ago.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:15 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:05 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:04 pm
Well since they recommend 8 weeks and some dogs start as early as 16 weeks..when should a dog be spayed then mom confessions vet?
Good vets do not recommend that. The best thing is to get a dog fixed after they are completely done growing.

I also have only giant breed dogs so it is even more important to wait until they are fully developed. You really should do some research
Well , this was 10 years ago and I went by what 2 different Vets told me. I'm not a veterinarian so I made the best decision I could with the information I had at the time.

How is your pup doing now?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:37 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:05 pm

Good vets do not recommend that. The best thing is to get a dog fixed after they are completely done growing.

I also have only giant breed dogs so it is even more important to wait until they are fully developed. You really should do some research
Well , this was 10 years ago and I went by what 2 different Vets told me. I'm not a veterinarian so I made the best decision I could with the information I had at the time.

Unfortunately, Tuesday she is being put down. She has gone blind and has heart issues.
My Dh and were talking about how many people would have just got rid of her.. that's why I wondered.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:43 pm

Unfortunately, Tuesday she is being put down. She has gone blind and has heart issues.
My Dh and were talking about how many people would have just got rid of her.. that's why I wondered.

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you kept her. Were you ever able to find a solution for her incontinence?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:44 pm

Awww I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you kept her. Were you ever able to find a solution for her incontinence?
A lot and I mean a lot of laundry. Thank you. We're heart broken.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:51 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:44 pm

A lot and I mean a lot of laundry. Thank you. We're heart broken.

You gave her a good life.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:57 pm Talk to a vet and see if there are any treatment options. If it can be treated with medicine or improve over time I would keep the dog.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You can get topical estriol and progesterone products online that you can apply to her skin to give her the hormones her body would have if she hadn't been spayed. Bio matrix has an estriol product est-adapt and progesterone called pro adapt on amazon. Someone wrote in the reviews for the est-adapt that they use it for spay incontinence. I would start with 1 drop a week rubbed into her belly and gradually work that up to 2 days a week or more until you find what works for her. I got my Willow spayed at 6 months before I knew any better. For large breed dogs you need to wait until they're between 1-3 years old to make sure that they're fully grown. And there are vets now that will to ovary sparing spays which are better all around. When you spay a puppy, you take away important hormones that help keep them healthy.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm so sorry. My labby was blind her last 2 years from diabetes. Doggie incontinence is no joke. She figured out how to wiggle out of her depends in about 3 seconds flat. She was too smart for my own good. Poor baby and poor you guys. 💔
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:50 am You can get topical estriol and progesterone products online that you can apply to her skin to give her the hormones her body would have if she hadn't been spayed. Bio matrix has an estriol product est-adapt and progesterone called pro adapt on amazon. Someone wrote in the reviews for the est-adapt that they use it for spay incontinence. I would start with 1 drop a week rubbed into her belly and gradually work that up to 2 days a week or more until you find what works for her. I got my Willow spayed at 6 months before I knew any better. For large breed dogs you need to wait until they're between 1-3 years old to make sure that they're fully grown. And there are vets now that will to ovary sparing spays which are better all around. When you spay a puppy, you take away important hormones that help keep them healthy.
After having a complete hysterectomy myself, I won't do that to another one of my dogs. You don't think about what a major deal that is. It's just something that you do. Like declawing cats. I'll never do that again either. We don't know better until we do.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic